Pure Performance Motorsport (PPM) any good?

CMF_Noddie

» CMF Member
Just a quick one to ask if anyone has had dealings with Pure Performance Motorsport in Australia? they have quoted me £400 for a set of forged rods delivered to the UK which seems like an incredible price. is this too good to be true?
any thoughts welcome (on topic ones please)
here is their website:

http://www.pureperformancemotorsport.com/

and here is the reply i got from them:

"Hi Ed,

Yes we can make you a set no problem.

We would need a sample conrod.

Price for 4x H-Beam connecting rods is 400GBP Shipped.

HP rating of our rods is 200HP per 1x rod! RPM will be no problem our rods are good for 10000RPM.

Our address:

Pure Performance Motorsport

Factory 11/2 Quist CRT

Dandenong South

Vic 3175

Melbourne

Australia

PH: +613 9792 5868

If you need customs forged pistons then we can do them as well and we would need piston sample as well.

Best regards

Thomas

www.ppmracing.com

Australia"

is anyone else interested in getting forged rods? as they may lower the price if we could do some kind of group-buy...

also, if they are a good company and i decide to get my rods from them, would someone please send them a sample (stock) rod? i will pay you for the hassle/postage, just that it may well work out much cheaper than me sending one from the UK.

cheers guys,
Ed

CMF_Noddie

» CMF Member
who are justjap?
I emailed them asking for a few more details and this is the reply i got:

"We make our rods from 4340 EN24 material. Bolts are from ARP we use their 2000 series bolts.

Rods are all weight match to 1g. We only do H-Beam as they are the strongest on the market.

We are conrod manufacturer for more than 20 years same as you guys have Arrow Precision.

Yes if you can get more people like 5+ we can talk about the price.

Best regards

Thomas"

for a company that has been making rods for 20 years they dont seem to have much information on them on the internet, but if their rods are half as strong as they say then they will be fine in the micra.

any more thoughts anybody?

P.S can anyone think of any questions i should be asking them?

Noddie WROTE:

"who are justjap? <BR>I emailed them asking for a few more details and this is the reply i got:<BR><BR>"We make our rods from 4340 EN24 material. Bolts are from ARP we use their 2000 series bolts.<BR><BR>Rods are all weight match to 1g. We only do H-Beam as they are the strongest on the market.<BR><BR>We are conrod manufacturer for more than 20 years same as you guys have Arrow Precision.<BR><BR><BR><BR>Yes if you can get more people like 5+ we can talk about the price.<BR><BR>Best regards<BR><BR>Thomas"<BR><BR>for a company that has been making rods for 20 years they dont seem to have much information on them on the internet, but if their rods are half as strong as they say then they will be fine in the micra.<BR><BR>any more thoughts anybody?<BR><BR><BR>P.S can anyone think of any questions i should be asking them?

they'll be fine for anything you can throw at em. as for getting 5 or more people.. you can forget about that. (no one here has the money to spend.. if your lucky you'll get 2 people.. feel free to prove me wrong thou) they've been making the rods for 20 years? errr. i doubt that... i'd say they sublet it out to another manufacturer and they make it for them. never heard of the company, neither has anyone i know. there's mixed stories about which is actually stronger when it comes to h and i beam rods, at the end of the day, it comes down to what material is used and how they are made. goes without saying... same as anything else, you get what you pay for. but if your not revving it to 9000rpm and not running ridiculous boost why would you spend an extra 1000 pounds on a set of carrilo's

CMF_Noddie

» CMF Member
they'll be fine for anything you can throw at em. as for getting 5 or more people.. you can forget about that. (no one here has the money to spend.. if your lucky you'll get 2 people.. feel free to prove me wrong thou) they've been making the rods for 20 years? errr. i doubt that... i'd say they sublet it out to another manufacturer and they make it for them. never heard of the company, neither has anyone i know. there's mixed stories about which is actually stronger when it comes to h and i beam rods, at the end of the day, it comes down to what material is used and how they are made. goes without saying... same as anything else, you get what you pay for. but if your not revving it to 9000rpm and not running ridiculous boost why would you spend an extra 1000 pounds on a set of carrilo's

so you recon they will be ok for 8000rpm and 200-250bhp?

Noddie WROTE:

"<BR>they'll be fine for anything you can throw at em. as for getting 5 or more people.. you can forget about that. (no one here has the money to spend.. if your lucky you'll get 2 people.. feel free to prove me wrong thou) they've been making the rods for 20 years? errr. i doubt that... i'd say they sublet it out to another manufacturer and they make it for them. never heard of the company, neither has anyone i know. there's mixed stories about which is actually stronger when it comes to h and i beam rods, at the end of the day, it comes down to what material is used and how they are made. goes without saying... same as anything else, you get what you pay for. but if your not revving it to 9000rpm and not running ridiculous boost why would you spend an extra 1000 pounds on a set of carrilo's<BR><BR>"</DIV><BR><BR>so you recon they will be ok for 8000rpm and 200-250bhp?<BR>

heaps. jap's use standard rods for 9000rpm and 200ish hp

CMF_funky2nite

» CMF Member
sorry guys , dumb of me.. but are these rods a direct replacement? cna I get some values on gains these give out..any other parts are required to fit with these rods?

willing to learn further on my micra..and maybe involve myself too if the bank supports the will.

cheers every1!
ian - Malta

CMF_Noddie

» CMF Member
Jon, that would be great, let me know if its possible:) thank you!

funky2nite, these will not give you any power increase, but will allow you to get more power out of the engine without breaking. but as has been stated before, these arnt really needed unless you want to rev the engine like mad or are planning on big power figars.

personaly im buiding an engine that will hopefuly take whatever i can throw at it in the future.

Back