Colour coding

SHR3K

Ex. Club Member
Hi all,

I have a nissan micra celebration 1.0 and on the side are the strips of black plastic.

I thought they popped on so i gently tried easing one off with a screwdriver and a cloth against the paint work but it seems to be glued.

Any ideas how i can get these off and how to put them back on. Also i have some amirate paint in red which is ment for outdoor painting ect will this do for the colour coding as its the same glossy colour.

Cheers

Shr3k

Im doing the same thing mate - I wouldnt bother taking them off. Leave them on ther and put masking tape round them. Also, your going to need some plastic primer and if you want the best mnatch - take you colour code for your viechle down to halfrods and they'll mix you up a tin of an exact colour match.

take you colour code for your viechle down to halfrods and they'll mix you up a tin of an exact colour match.

or go to nissan, what ever you do dont rip the strips off, if i was you id painted then while on as its less hastle, also dont paint it with hammerite!

dont forget, after you have put on your base coat laquer it dont forget to leave at least 15minutes in between coats.

Cheers for the response guys, i just covered me Parcel Shelf in red felt turned out pretty sweet i'll get some photos on soon.

Tbh the micra's look sweet with the colour coded strips, i'll pop into halfords in that case :)

Cheers for the help,

Shr3k

if you want them off use hot air gun but keep it moving as it will burn paint also to remove any glue thats left use a little petrol or cellulose thinners on a rag

i took my bump strips off. took me a good 2 hours

heat them up with a hair dryer, use a credit card to peel them off and lots of bug and tar remover

Right kind off a poll then, bumber strips on or off? It would be cheaper for me to take them off but i would paint them as i don;t want to hurt my micra lol.

if you take them off you run the risk of having to respray your doors to the cost of £100-150 each. this is becuase sometimes they isnt any paint under the strips or sometimes the paint lifts with the glue.

you'd be unlucky if this happens but it happened to me and one or two others

What do you guys think of these 2 then,

I colour coded the front grills red and that looks awsome,

red 800x600.JPG

and i also sorted me parcel shelf out ;

parcel 800x600.JPG

Shr3k

It looks so much better. Mines colour coded too :p (grill) You may want to do the lower ones too when you get round to doing the bump strips!

i know this is a petty post, but shr3k has a problem where he seems to state thing being done by him when someone else actually did them.

he was busying doing the parcel shelf (ill give him that)

so i did the front 2 grills.

we will be doing the lower grill aswell as when the top 2 were done we had about 2 hours of light and it was gonna rain.

Shr3k rember, 2 heads are better than one, but when you steal all the praise thats just rude.

jackassuk

Heya,

Yeah the grills were soo bad they are being meshed now ;)

Only joking just thinks mesh looks awesome,

Cya tomorrow m8,

Shr3k

Back