collision

R

Ray1

On way back from work, guy smacks in to back of me at roundabout... bumper is caved in from middle..boot opens but closes with difficulty..bottom of bootlid is slightly bent in..car drives fine etc...he wants to go private... im fuly comp.. he has admitted fault.. would i lose my NCB if we went through ins? im going to get some quotes on the repair tommorow anyway..i know its hard to estimate without pics, but any rough ideas on cost of repair? we are talking new SR back bumper, maybe bootlid etc all sprayed etc

Thanks guys (& girls)

short answer, no his fault his NCB.

Is the boot floor buckled? If so it's probably write off depending on year. I'm not fully sure on price but if its only athetical damage and not any chasis then about £400 id say.

Just go through insurance, its what you pay insurance for.
He might give you 400 quid, but it might fail on the mot for a creased boot floor...

a SR bumper alone fitted and sprayed can cost £300 depending where you go, then add the rest on, this is why it could be write off depending on year. if the bill comes to 1k and the cars worth 800 insurance won't fix it....

go through the insurance mate, i done something similar about a year and a half ago i hit someone and my rear end was damaged, cracked bumper, dented bumper bar, dented tailgate and the boot where my spare wheel is was creased, i got the boot fixed a new bumper bar, new bumper and new tailgate, all of this was done through the insurance, but the mechanic had told me it cost just over £1200 to get that all done

and again it wasn't your fault, you wont lose your ncb

Attachments

• 41225021.jpg
    41225021.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 149
Thnaks for all replies, will go through ins now... appreciate all the responses

as long as the guy pays out there is no need to go through the insurance,

and i don't think the car would fail the mot on a creased boot floor bacause i backed into a very small wall and creased the boot and its gone through the MOT fine...

i wouldn't go through the insurance because thats what i'm doing now for a claim that wasn't my fault and they are bringing up all kinds of crap so avoid them if you can. and if in the end the guy doesn't pay up and you went through your insurance you WILL loose your NCB like i have. it will be reinstated if the other guys insurance pay out but insurance companies are ########

good luck mate

Picked up car from garage today following repair thought Ins.. they have done a good job but have put the micra badge on the right instead of the left and have missed the SR badge off completely, getting them to order one now. Shall i just leave it de-badged? they have also put a new shape rear wiper on which is pretty cool.
When I had the courtesy car, there was an incident with it on the motorway with a van, didnt get his details...light damage to drivers side door, they quoted me 800 pounds for damages! i have now lost my NCB as a result and 250 pounds excess!.. it was a small toyota, didnt need a new door but they insisted it did, rip offs..the original calim 3rd party has admitted fault so i wouldnt hav lost my NCB!.. anyway, this is life.. at least i wasnt hurt in the accident, altough did have wiplash. Glad to have the SR back and running.

Ray1 said:
Picked up car from garage today following repair thought Ins.. they have done a good job but have put the micra badge on the right instead of the left and have missed the SR badge off completely, getting them to order one now. Shall i just leave it de-badged? they have also put a new shape rear wiper on which is pretty cool.
When I had the courtesy car, there was an incident with it on the motorway with a van, didnt get his details...light damage to drivers side door, they quoted me 800 pounds for damages! i have now lost my NCB as a result and 250 pounds excess!.. it was a small toyota, didnt need a new door but they insisted it did, rip offs..the original calim 3rd party has admitted fault so i wouldnt hav lost my NCB!.. anyway, this is life.. at least i wasnt hurt in the accident, altough did have wiplash. Glad to have the SR back and running.

harsh mate, but like you said at least you have the SR up and running :) any pics?

sounds like they just got a hatch from a scrappy

NeX said:
harsh mate, but like you said at least you have the SR up and running :) any pics?

sounds like they just got a hatch from a scrappy

Yes glad to be back in the micra, good feeling... I will get sum pics tommorow hopefully(if i can get hold of bro's camera!).. they defo didnt get new hatch but the bottom was slightly bent, so they repaired it and re-sprayed the whole thing hence the stickers sito

Back