Clutches

CMF_33driver

» CMF Member
Hey all,

need advice on clutches! Whats a good match for the micra, is OEM ok for stock engine with CAI and exhuast? (exhaust not yet fitted). I'm a pretty harsh drive, i don't mash gears but I do push my clutches a little harder than normal.

Will OEM be ok or something a little more? Not looking to go to stupid, but don't want to have to go custom built, so whats better than stock?

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
33driver WROTE:

"Hey all,<BR><BR>need advice on clutches! Whats a good match for the micra, is OEM ok for stock engine with CAI and exhuast? (exhaust not yet fitted). I'm a pretty harsh drive, i don't mash gears but I do push my clutches a little harder than normal.<BR><BR>Will OEM be ok or something a little more? Not looking to go to stupid, but don't want to have to go custom built, so whats better than stock?

Exedy make a heavier duty clutch than the oem clutch.. not a button but just a normal fiber type, they work good i have one.

CMF_33driver

» CMF Member
haha, yeah spazz, saw that one and called gtr, think it will be a tad heavy and expensive for what i'm aiming for...awesome clutch and good price too though for what it is.

Just got a qoute lol, $119 for standard or $129 for Heavy Duty organic clutch lol....

deNs was right on the money

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
my (smaller) pre98 1.0 160mm exedy (with a blue anodised finish) clutch slipped bad at 90hp, i cant fault the nissan/luk clutch personally (36k miles in 2 yrs and coping with 100+ hp no probs)

frank

Back