wat makes a k11 run?

CMF_chilidawg

» CMF Member
some(if not all) of u will find this question annoying as hell, but i'm overdue for an overhaul(mostly engine oil found its way into my chambers and my oem brakes are close to dead) so i'm finding myself asking(mostly due to a thinning wallet) wats the basic setup that keeps a k11 rolling happy, ok maybe a little MORE than happy? haha

i've been going over n over it n so far here's wat i have:
- recon cg13de (entire block, original cond.)maybe a jun flywheel...
- ga15 tb with cai
- recon bigga betta rotors/calipers
- service my cusco coilovers (long overdue)

i'm sure i'm overlooking alotta stuff; driveshaft? exhaust? ecu? so if anyone would like to step in, i'd be so grateful!

ian

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Well first you address the saftey issues.

Brakes then suspension then engine recondition (or used engine) then the performance side of things like ga15 tb etc. But if you have to do the engine and you have a 5spd manual then you should do the clutch and flywheel while the gearbox is out of the car. Will save you money in respect to mechanical labour. If you have an auto the flex plate is already about as light as its going to get so no point in getting a lighter one.

The engine will run for a long time still even if the rings are worn. You might not live too long if your brakes and suspension are stuffed.

CMF_chilidawg

» CMF Member
my sentiments exactly - dowanna revisit the engine for flywheel or clutch if i can help it, tho i'm thinking of sticking with oem clutch. thing is after swapping from 1.0 to 1.3, i'm advised to get a piggyback to accomodate the extra cc.

thx yom!

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
just bere in mind that you may need the 'NATS' with the Ecu. i purchased a 1.3 ECU when i did the 1.3 conversion and it didnt work although the 1.0L ECU ran it fine. if theres some way (apparantley there is) to get it to work then you can buy mine if you want.

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
yes as Dickie P says 'Nissan Anti-Theft System'

if you look at you key fob, you see that little red thing. thats part of 'Nats' its all linked in from production. if you swap the ecu....the new ecu won't correspond to you key fob, hence your car won't start. thats the prity simplified version lol.

piggy back your Ecu that your using now, much easier. use a greddy E-manage.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Remember the advise and knowledge from the UK and Aus members in regards to many of the bolt on modifications and electrical things around the K11 in general is probably not accurate when referrng to the Japanese built k11.

There's hundreds of little differences between the UK and Jap built K11's. Seriously!

Cheers

Back