clutch

imp124

Buy & Sell Member
how easy is it to chnage the clutch as i may do it myself, also does anyone know why the clutch may be really stiff??

cheers

steve

if you take your time and read the haynes its a nice easy job, with practice i changed my flywheel for a lightened one and fitted a brand new clutch in about 2 hours,

you dont even need to take the gearbox out of the engine bay.

how do you want to sell it clutch on its own or does the manual come with it cause if i do buy it i need some help to fit :grinning:

if you cant be botherd to fix it sell it

or go to garage they will proberely fix it for 20 -30 quid

cable

the answer is yes the clutch does slip a bit if you give it the beans, the car has been stood a while, i may try and change the cable before i change the clutch eliminate that first

cheers

steve

Mine was doing the same...clutch was worn down to the rivets!

Definately try it yourself though.
With parts and labour, mine came to £236 :(

as i say i will probably do it myself as i have the trusty haynes manual :D

i just didnt expect it to be the clutch as its only done 30k miles since new! ,but might as well get it checked.

steve

changing clutch is not difficult at all - you might find getting the gearbox back on afterwards is a problem though

cheers everyone, problem fixed, the cable inner sleeve was all mangled under the clutch pedal :D new clutch cable and 60 seconds later its ace!!!

steve

my first clutch kit cost me £35 and the only tool you need to fit it is a 12mm spanner a 14mm spaner and a good eye, or a piece of metal bar thet just fits down the splines in the clutch (made this myself out of some bar i had lying around)

Back