Clutch pedal feel

CMF_Jon (2)

» CMF Member
Hi,
tried searching for this but didn't find anything.
Come across an annoying problem with the way my clutch operates/feels.
With the engine off as you depress the clutch pedal it feels smooth and feels like a clutch should.
As soon as the engine is running it feels grabby/a bit rough as you press it to the floor and release it again.

Clutch is a heavy duty excedy kit about a year old (clutch, pressure plate & thrust bearing)

Any ideas?

CMF_Geoff W

» CMF Member
Hmm interesting.... Is there a grinding sound associated with the clutch? Like if the car's idling with the clutch out is there a whirring or squeaking sound that disappears when you depress the clutch. If so I'd suspect the thrust bearing. Maybe it wasn't greased properly or the wrong grease used.

The strange thing is the difference between engine running and not running.

CMF_Jon (2)

» CMF Member
Geoff W WROTE:

"Hmm interesting.... Is there a grinding sound associated with the clutch? Like if the car's idling with the clutch out is there a whirring or squeaking sound that disappears when you depress the clutch. If so I'd suspect the thrust bearing. Maybe it wasn't greased properly or the wrong grease used.

The strange thing is the difference between engine running and not running.

Na, there's no whirring or grinding sound at idle while the clutch is out. the only squeak I get is very slight, but thats from the the clutch pedal spring.
its an unusual one. I would have suspected the thrust bearing worn out, but it would be making noise. its just an odd sensation as you depress the clutch with the engine on and feel its not smooth as it goes down. Friction point hasnt changed but does feel grabby because of this feeling.

Back