clutch alignment

Hi guys does anyone know without a special tool the best way to line up the clutch plate. By looking at the crankshaft there's no hole that's much depth to put something into it to get a solid measure as to wether it's central.

Also I have some genuine nissan drive shaft seals both sides for sale if anyone's interested. 18 pound for set
Thanks

+1
I use the handle of my socket wrench with a bit of tape wound round it. I also check with a tape measure just to be sure

Aligning it is only for getting box on I thought as the splines hold it central after that :)

That make alot sense if you think about it.
I always worried about getting it perfectly centred, but once it's engaged on the splines it will centred. Genious !!

That make alot sense if you think about it.
I always worried about getting it perfectly centred, but once it's engaged on the splines it will centred. Genious !!
I thought it was a well known fact, glad I shared :p
My concern is getting the friction plate the right way around.. pretty sure they go on a certain way

I thought it was a well known fact, glad I shared :p
My concern is getting the friction plate the right way around.. pretty sure they go on a certain way
I'm glad you did lol. No more measuring to the nearest 1/2mm for me then.

Yeah your right about the friction plate, they definitely only fit one way round

the crank tails used to have a pinion bush for the clutch spline/shaft, and you had to align the friction plate bang-on else the g/box would,nt fit back on.
but most cars dont have that bush anymore, and you can just line them up by eye :)

dsc02157.jpg

Back