Clunk click with every trip.

Robb

Site Supporter
Thought id start a new thread as i have two queries:

1. There is a clunking noise coming from the front left wheel/arch, this used to happen now and then but now i fitted my springs it happens more often now. Im putting that down to it being a stiffer ride now but any ideas on what that could be? it only happens over bumps and sounds very different to the noise my dodgy cv joint made on previous micra so makes me think its something else.

2. Are you supposed to have rubber bushes/pads either end of the springs on the front suspension as it shows them in the haynes manual but there werent any there on my car! They were present on the rear springs but nothing like it on the front. All i found was some plastic tubing covering the springs about 1-1.5mm thick. very strange, any ideas?

Robb.

Its weird cos i swear one of the pics in the manual shows a rubber ring bit being removed from the top of the spring.

What year/reg. is your car - the front noise could be the roll bar drop links, but the 2000 onwards ones didn't have them.
I *think* that my 95 had rubbery bits on the springs.
Craig

its a 52 k11 one of the last ones. it was owned by an old man who smoked and drove into things as i keep noticing tiny scratches everywhere after buying it! Im guessing he drove over something or summit as the mileage is only 19000.

Where are the roll bar drop links?

Thought id start a new thread as i have two queries:

1. There is a clunking noise coming from the front left wheel/arch, this used to happen now and then but now i fitted my springs it happens more often now. Im putting that down to it being a stiffer ride now but any ideas on what that could be? it only happens over bumps and sounds very different to the noise my dodgy cv joint made on previous micra so makes me think its something else.

2. Are you supposed to have rubber bushes/pads either end of the springs on the front suspension as it shows them in the haynes manual but there werent any there on my car! They were present on the rear springs but nothing like it on the front. All i found was some plastic tubing covering the springs about 1-1.5mm thick. very strange, any ideas?

Robb.

the clunking might not be suspension, it might be the cv joint or the driveshaft gaiter that has gone. i should check that soon as poss.
also when i lowered my car my car there were bits of rubber that went on the top and bottom of the spring itself, is that what you mean?

Prob is a gaiter or cv just a bit skint at mo :down:

No rubber just plastic sheaths about 1mm thick on ends of front springs.

well u should get it done or if it knackers the driveshaft thats gonna cost you 3 tiles as much.
so get it checked out soon mate

hmm i dunno bout those springs mate im sure there should be some rubber or it will grind against the support and wont sit correctly.

Back