Clunk from front when revving.

When removing my foot from the peddle in my facelift I get a bit of a clunk. Cv boots have been done but I've got an advisory on my mot for the following:

- offside front suspension arm has slight play in a ball joint.
- nearside drag link end ball joint.

Does this sound like a common fault? It seems like i'm going too fast for the gear but don't like riding on the clutch. Apart from this I'm loving the car!

Any help would be appreciated, even 'don't be a dumbass'

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

a bottom balljoint usually knocks on a rough road surface chris, a knock on power or lift might be the rear g/box mount (i wedged some rubber into the gap on mine, to stop movement)

84183.jpg

Took it to where I got it from today, the creaking's got louder and louder (you can feel it through the whole car floor). They're gonna get it up on the ramps next week. It only happens around 20-30mph. Only had it a week but I've done about 300 miles in it, I'll have to see what they say. Steering seems to ping on something too slightly turning. Pretty much making a big ass list now to see what needs doing.

Yup, should be good once it's sorted! Think clutch release might need changing as I'm getting another type of noise when in neutral. The garage won't charge labour if I buy the parts so I shouldn't be too much out of pocket, was a £500 car with welding/mot for £700. Cracking little thing, super happy when it works.

The noise when warm I'm going to leave but I'm guessing its a flywheel. The clunking is a bush that's worn near the gearbox. Getting a new ball joint fitted too on the passenger side.

Back