Clocks, Dials, swop over.!

Hello Migs,

You cannot harm the vehicle whatsoever. The only thing that you need to do is cut of the white stripe that holds the harness part attached to the wires and remove the top part of the harness. It will just slide off and you will be able to see all wires inserted in different numbered pins.

When you are finished writing down which wire goes where (color - pin) you will slide the harness part back onto the main part and you can even put a new stripe on it (or something else that will hold them together.

The wires,harness and everything else is pretty well built so you wont be able to damage the vehicle.

I will be waiting here, take your time, and hopefully we will have the numberings here asap.

Thanks!

Heya buddy, sorry about the wait, done about 600 miles of travelling these last few days so i havent had much time to work on the car,

Sunday mate be watching the forums because thats when the results come (Y)

A day dedicated to you and micra haha.

Again sorry about the wait!
cheers

Migs

Hey ognen, sorry ive not been in contact much sooner and very sorry i have not post on sunday as promised, my internet go down at the exchange, imspend a whole day thinking it was me fault so ii tried to fix it but in the end it wasnt ahaha, also these days are often very full with college (Y) however to make matters easier i have aquired a certain gem from an R reg facelift which has met its demise in the scrappy :( , the result

20101103001m.jpg

A connector to completely dismantle, draw out and photograph for you :)

Thanks alot Migs for all the effort you have put into helping me!!!

The thing is that I need the following:

1. Cut the white strap that holds the wires together with the black harness
2. The black harness is consisted of two parts. Put apart both parts.
3. THen you will be able to see all the wires placed into pins on the second part of the harness
4. THen either take a nice picture of them / or write them down so I can reconnect mine

You are 90% done just see the wires in the pins on the harness.

You cannot imagine how thankful I am to you for doing this.

Waiting for a reply

Wire input to the Micra VDO electronic dashboard connector.

Sorry again about the delay og, internet went down again last night! get so annoying but i'm back hehe.

Ok i will not list the connector input wires (Number - as stated on the connector and colour)

When i say striped i mean the primary colour then the secondary colour (Just like the image below.)
20101104007.jpg

If i list blank then the input is not used (At all)

Here is a picture of the upper and lower side of the connector, the wire direction is how the wires are when the connector has the housing on it. (To help with confusion haha.)

20101103004.jpg

Upper connector goes from 1(On the left side) to 14(Right side)

20101103005.jpg

Lower connector goes from 15(On the Right Side) to 28(On the Left Side)

So briefly again the order i will display results in is,

PIN NO - BaseColour/StripeColour (Stripe clarification again.)
Also take note of the different colour brightness (Like light green and dark green!)

So the results are as follows:

clarify.png

Theres your connector buddy, sorry it took so long, any confusion let me know and i will take pictures of the specific colours etc.

Enjoy building connectors! hehe.

Mr.Miggs YOU ARE SOOOOOOO AWESOME!!!!

I rushed to find out if it would work and even tough some colours were different I got my dashboard notifications working again (except for the speedometer which I hope will start working after I change some plugs I broke).

Anyhow I would like to say THANK YOU 1000 times and would also like to add that you are a wonderful person.

THANKS!

Wow i sign on here once in a blue moon, to c my post is still up and going. Just bought my self a R reg micra now.. So gna ave a go at fittin clocks :)

hi there, i think it is time at last for a picture of where i put the wire for clocks.
i spliced into a wire that came from the dizzy, check my blog, for the correct colour.
from the car that the tacho dials came from, i also cut the plug out, leaving about 50mm of wire, so that i could solder it on. the plug is the one directly behind the actual rev counter.
cut the plug out of your car, and then solder on the new one. all the colours are the same, so it is easy to match, but on the new plug that has been soldered in, there will be 2 spare wires, and it is one of these that you need to connect the dizzy wire too.
will get a pic in a min.....

right then, just had a look at the back of my clocks, the wire that you need to bring from the dizzy, needs to go to the blue and black wire, on the new plug.
also, i remembered, my old dials didnt have the clock on them, and the new ones did, and to get it to work, i bought a live 12v feed up to the clocks, and it goes to the red and black wire on the new plug.

hope this helps people.

here is the picture of the wire.....

here is another picture of the wire that you connect to on the new plug

here is the picture of the wire that i ran a 12v live to, so that the clock on the dash worked....

Right please correct me if im wrong, but i noticed that u had to run a12 v wire to your clocks. I have some clocks with a rev counter, but when i put mine in, my clock ect worked. So does that mean that theres another way for me to get my rev counter working?

Hehe no problem OG, does anyone understand how the electric signal is sent on the rev counter? is it different levels of voltage? im planning on making an rpm led row for each side of the micra support collums. but without knowing how the rpm signals are sent then i cant build the lights :D

Back