Pre facelift 96 1.0L rev counter

Darkmatter

Ex. Club Member
Hi

i have a set of dials with rev counter from a 1.0l s in green, how do you get the rev counter working? i have read you need to connect the blue wire to the ecu or dizzy, i have 2 blue wires (blue/black, blue/silver) already in the loom going to the clocks. what i would like to know which blue wire is it and where is the other end of the wire as i can not see it going to the ecu. do i need to cut into the loom?

thanks

OP
OP
Darkmatter

Darkmatter

Ex. Club Member

Thanks C0llis0n

some parts are very helpful like the pins for the ecu, but it is how to wire up the aftermarket rev counter, i have the original k11 set of clocks with rev counter and need to know which blue wire on plug of rev counter to use and where the other end is because i cant see it going to the ecu, so i think it is some where hiding in the loom and need to know if someone has found it.

thanks

OP
OP
Darkmatter

Darkmatter

Ex. Club Member
ok i know which blue pin it is, see photo. blue1 is to the clock bulb and blue2 is the rev counter. but still need to know were the outer end of the blue wire is located as it is not in the ecu.

thanks

Attachments

• CIMG0284.JPG
    CIMG0284.JPG
    265.4 KB · Views: 685
OP
OP
Darkmatter

Darkmatter

Ex. Club Member
have you no blue/black wire going to pinout #2 on the ecu ? (diag in the previous link)

hi frank

the blue/black wire goes to the dials but not to the ecu, as it originally did not have the rev counter they must have left the other end in the loom some where they know how to find it so they can charge you an arm and a leg as well as a couple of paints of blood :laugh:

i am thinking of cutting in to the loom to trace it but wanted to check on hear first before i destroy my car and cook my poor little ecu.:doh:

OP
OP
Darkmatter

Darkmatter

Ex. Club Member
Hi there i have the same problem as y darkmaster. Have you fixed it yet? and how did you do it?

Hi Swordfish

i have opened my loom up from the ecu up to as far as i can go without removing the dash board but could not find that pesky little blue wire, so give up and cut the blue wire behind clocks and ran a wire from it to the blue wire on the dizzy. see link below provided by C0llis0n

http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/2278-Adding-a-Rev-Counter