Climate control

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
hi peeps

my best mates mate has ordered a k12 160sr but apprently he cant get climate control fitted yet it comes on the 1.2 and diesel, my thought waas that its eiter to save space and or weight, anyone got any ideas why he cant have it fitted?

thanks
Speedle

Hi

Did you ever find out why? I'm trying to order a Micra at the moment, but I really want the climate control as well as the bigger engine and ESP etc that the 160SR has.

I noticed that in the Micra brochure there is a full page picture of the inside of a 160SR which has climate control buttons, and I also found a different picture of a 160SR with climate control buttons here: http://www.channel4.com/4car/gallery/N/nissan/micra/160sr_page_4.html

I emailed Nissan UK to ask them what was going on, and they said climate control came as standard on the 160SR (and I did specifically ask if it was climate control and not just manual air conditioning), but when I emailed them back to ask them how I'm supposed to order one, as the dealers say it can't have it, they then changed their minds and said it couldn't have it fwn :(

that picture of the dash with climate control could be the sport version. They both have the same interiors.

the 160sr does not have a/c

nismo_k12 said:
that picture of the dash with climate control could be the sport version. They both have the same interiors.

Yep, but the Micra Sport doesn't normally have climate control either, and I would have thought the 160SR would be much more likely to have it. Plus the picture on the Channel 4 site is supposed to be of the 160SR that they were trying out.

micra sport does. Mine has it and it was standard.

actually looking at the pic it is a 160sr because it has the esp option. That'll be a preproduction version. Ill ask my dad when he gets in from work. He's production manager at the plant so he'll know whats going on.

nismo_k12 said:
the 160sr does not have a/c

yeah they do...which is bad for me cos i dont want it!

its like sitting in a fridge anyway

i was told the leather is standard at my dealers ,but then they wanted £800 when i said where the **** are they.

RIK said:

i was told the leather is standard at my dealers ,but then they wanted £800 when i said where the **** are they.

LOL! Got my Test Drive booked for the 22nd :-D (bit off topic like, but :p )

nismo_k12 said:
micra sport does. Mine has it and it was standard.

Ok... now I'm totally confused lol... I thought the Sport was just a sportier looking version of the S or SE... whereas the 160SR is a more expensive car with at least some of the "luxury" features such as the automatic wipers.

nismo_k12 said:
actually looking at the pic it is a 160sr because it has the esp option. That'll be a preproduction version. Ill ask my dad when he gets in from work. He's production manager at the plant so he'll know whats going on.

Cheers... Is there any chance you could find out if there is any way I could get them to build one with climate control? Even if it costs a lot more... I may be prepared to pay it.

RIK said:

lol... surely you can just turn it off? :p
I really need it myself, I'm already too hot driving in my current Micra with the fan on full on the coldest setting, and it's not even summer yet.

nismo_k12 said:
the 160sr is a puzzler

know one seems to know the exact specs!!!!

Yeah, I've had trouble finding out the exact specs of just about every bit of every grade of Micra (such as whether they have the rain sensing wipers, keyless start, keyless entry, alloy wheels etc etc), been told totally different things by the Nissan website, Nissan themselves and different dealers.

all 160sr come with as standard:
auto light/wipers
a/c
esp
16" alloys
skirts and spoiler
and only in red white solid colours(not 100%)
6 airbags
6 disk multichange
keyless entry

options are:
electric sunroof
half leather seats
alarm
metalic paint
pearl paint
chrome trim

Eddy said:
lol... surely you can just turn it off? :p
I really need it myself, I'm already too hot driving in my current Micra with the fan on full on the coldest setting, and it's not even summer yet.

i want my car as light as possible..next year it wont have:

a/c
electric windows
rear seats.seat belts.quarter cards
rear wiper
boot card
most sound deadning

and hopefully will have:
carbon/kevlar bonnet
poly windows
rays wheels

all before i touch the engine..but i am looking into engine mods atm to see what can be done

nismo_k12 said:

Hmmmm... they must have updated that... it's mostly correct now... but I can still see at least one thing which is wrong... it says the SVE doesn't have the leather steering wheel with drive computer and audio controls, which I know it definetly does :p
Oh and just below that it says the Sport doesn't have the alloy style pedals... which it does doesn't it?
Anyway that's what I mean about having trouble finding out what the specs actually are...

Oh that's just reminded me as well... it says on there that all grades have keyless entry... the same as in all the brochures etc... but I've noticed a lot of Micras recently with no buttons on the door handles or boot at all... so while I was at a Nissan dealership yesterday I asked the sales guy what that was about... and he said it doesn't have keyless entry... only the buttons on the remote keyfob thingy... and none of them have it as standard now apart from the SVE... on all the other grades it's optional (at least since the facelift in 2005)... can that be right? o_O

are you setting up a track suitable k12 rik?
try and get on a weighbridge when your done.

nizzanz1 said:
are you setting up a track suitable k12 rik?
try and get on a weighbridge when your done.

not planning on racing it ,bt yeah it will be track ready

i think we re lucky here... cause my Micra was 1240cc 80bhp 16valves and has all the specifications you told in this forum..
in turkey micra s are called, Micra Visia(3dr/5dr), Micra Tekna(5dr), Micra Sport (3dr/5dr)
and a/c is standart in every micra :)
Visia is mine:
*has 4 engines 1,2 65bhp, 1.2 80bhp(mine), 1.4 88bhp, 1.5dCi 82bhp
*A/C (cause my city reaches 40-50C in the summer times)
*2 Airbags
*Steering controlled CD/Radio+ high power fm antenna
*Keyless Drive
*ABS+EBD
*ESP
*Electronic Power Steering (EPS)
*Drive Computer (shows:distance,range,fuel litres,instant consumption, average speed,average consumption, graphic history temp.)
*automatic wipers (starts when rain drops touch to front window)
*electric windows
*rear wiper
*rear seat belts, and seat heads, 3rd belt
*3rd stop light
*Rear Foglight
*headlight height level button
*Follow-Me-home
*remote control + Nats Car Alarm
*beige+grey interior
*14" alloys

i paid for my car 19000$ last year.
there were no Micra Visia 1.2 65hp or 1.5dci 82 hp last year in turkey.

Micra Tekna (1.2 80hp, 1.4 88hp, 1.5dci 82hp )
Visia + ...
*4 airbags
*electric mirrors
*Front Foglights
*extra drawers under the front seats
*digital a/c
*leather steering
*15" alloys
*just black interior (for DCI)

1.2 80hp price 20750$
1.4 88hp price 22500$
1.5 dci price 24500$

Micra Sport (1.2 65hp,1.2 80hp 3dr)
doesnt have ESP, drive Comp, digital a/c, keyless go, follow me home, fog lights, seat drawers, and beige interior
price 1.2 65hp 15700$
price 1.2 80hp 16700$

Micra 160 SR (1.6 110bhp, 3dr) has:
Micra Visia+....
*TCS
*6 airbags
*sunroof
*digital A/C
*6 CD Changer
*seat drawers
*Front foglights
*electric mirrors
*leather steering
*16" alloys
*no beige interior (just black)

price: 26590$

.... it was so hard to write these for me :D but i tried my best for you.

Thanks, that's interesting...

MicraTR said:
Micra 160 SR (1.6 110bhp, 3dr) has:
Micra Visia+....

*digital A/C
^^^ dammit, exactly what I want... it only has manual air conditioning here :(

Hmmmmm... are the Micras sold in other countries also made in the UK at the Sunderland plant? Or are they made elsewhere?

lol... I won't get angry... in fact thats a good thing... it means I might have a tiiiiiiiny chance of somehow getting them to make one with climate control (digital a/c) :p

lol, if i paid 450dollars more i could get the digital a/c, cause it was optional in visia.
it's comfortable and cool but i dont need it... i just need a thing that can make the inside of car 25C in the warm summer days.i told u here is a warm city... :)

Eddy said:
Oh and just below that it says the Sport doesn't have the alloy style pedals... which it does doesn't it?

the sport doesn't come with the alloy pedals but the sport+ does. supposed to be a special edition or summat. Also comes with the 16 inchers off the 160 and A/C as standard. i managed to get one on 0% finance

Well I can tell you with confidence that they will NOT put climate control in the 160SR. I begged and pleaded and begged some more. I even phoned a few other dealers just to see if my dealer was telling the truth, but they just wouldn't put climate control in my 160SR. And they didn't have an explanation why either. They just said it's the mysteries of the manufacturers.
I was also interested in the keyless entry, but didn't get it in the end, as the 160SR already has automatic lights and automatic windscreen wipers, which are part of the 'clever pack' and so it would have been pointless to pay for the whole clever pack when I only wanted the keyless entry.

greg_k12 said:
the sport doesn't come with the alloy pedals but the sport+ does. supposed to be a special edition or summat. Also comes with the 16 inchers off the 160 and A/C as standard. i managed to get one on 0% finance
ah right... sorry... I didn't realise there was a difference between the Sport and Sport+ lol

Back