Quick question!!!!

Fitted my mates cd player earlier. I dont use my radio n he needed a ariel converter thing so i gave him mine. Put my cd player back in n now it wont turn on. Any ideas why it wont turn on? Am i right in thinking the ariel is just exactly tht?... An ariel? It doesnt second as a earth or anything does it? If im right does anyone know whats going on? Nothing else was touched all other wires wer left the same. N if thers a cd player fuse where wud it be because i cant find one for it. Thanks in advance :)

It seconds as an earth and the radio fuse is the same as the lighting fuse in the cluster. Check your interior light is working and if it is then you'll need to put an adaptor in to earth it.

Interior light works so tht mean i need my adapter back of the mate? Haha what a bi atch! Tryed to do the decent thing n help out n i get left with no rhythmical beats to groove to.... Dammnnnn tht @%#$ is wack haha

Hahaha you can buy them on eBay and amazon fer like a quid or 2.
No probs Ian the only reason I know is because I fitted my new radio that I got for £20 yesterday super cheep and works wonders :D

No problem mate.

Payed 40 quid for my radio, set of locking nuts and set of exhaust rubbers n the cd player is still in halfords 130quid :) aux/usb/microsd slot/bluetooth and dab radio :) and hidden cd slot. :)

You're not the only one that got confused with this. Took me and a mate nearly a whole afternoon to work out that the aerial acted as an earth. Thought I'd bought a defective unit.

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
My pioneer CD player I took the earth in the ISO block to the screws onto the dashboard metalwork and it all works. Even without aerial connected.

Strange

My Mrs likes to have the radio on when I'm driving her places anyway, so I kept mine in. It's either that or a memory stick full of metal.

I have all the music I could ever want on memory sticks haha the music on most radio stations nowadays is terrible. When it comes to it being a "knock off Nigel" is better than listening to the radio hahahaha :p