Clear side repeaters

CMF_Adele

» CMF Member
Hi all i recently rejoined the fold of micra owners - this time with a 1.3 super s black micra from 1995.
I have bought replacement tail lights with a black mirrored finish, they are standard K11 tail lights that have been sprayed black, then heat treated and highly polished they will look amazing on my shiney black Micra! I am sure i will have no prob fitting them.

I need your advice regarding the clear side blinkers. I also have a pair of these ready to fit. My question is how do i remove the existing ones? I've tried twisting/pulling but i'm not sure if im doing it right, they will rotate but will not pull out, what am i doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help
Adele from the UK

smidge

» CMF Member
black!! Mad!

wish we had that colour

oh and to answer your question, you have to squeeze them where the tab thingy is

look at your new repeaters you'll see how there is a plastic tab thing that kinda spring locks the indicators into place, you gotta squeeze that, they can take some persuading but they DO come out

get a torch up under there to check it out

unplugging them can be a bit of a bastard too but you'll get there

CMF_Adele

» CMF Member
Hi smidge thanks for the advice, yeah i'm pleased with the colour too its canny shinny as the lady a bought it off had it T-cut and polished prior to selling it, plus with these new clear repeaters and black mirror tail lights it will look mint, i'm so excited but i've got prior commitments after work tonight so i will have to wait til tommorow to have another go... i will post a pic when it is done.

CMF_sarge3uk

» CMF Member
do your lights look like this

Attachments

• 34603.jpg
    34603.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 40
Back