Cleaning up old posts.

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
I want to slowly work through all the forums and remove anything too old/large or now irrelevant.

You guys can help me by notifying me of any posting YOU INITIATED 'ground zero' as it were but that you no longer need/want.

Please include the title of the post and the forum section it was placed in.

One member has already given me his ok to clean up his old stuff which I've already done.

My other option will be the 'quick and dirty' method of just going to the oldest page of posts in all the sections and removing that way. Some sections now run to 8 and more pages with posts going back as far as 2006.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
mipcar WROTE:

My other option will be the 'quick and dirty' method of just going to the oldest page of posts in all the sections and removing that way. Some sections now run to 8 and more pages with posts going back as far as 2006.

that would be a shame imo :(, i,ve just been reading some very interesting 2005/6 threads

CMF_Doom

» CMF Member
yea I would recommend keeping all the technical section alive, as a lot of people can do a search and find info without having to repost.

Maybe start with the old classified posts that have clearly sold, or will never sell

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Yes, the classifieds were going to be my first port of call.

Okay, there are 88 pages of classifieds going back to 2005.
HOWEVER the way this old system works is when I delete one post it then takes me back to page one. Just not feasible to do.

So back to first suggestion, original posters please notify me of any LARGE or DEAD posts they initiated, the post name and forum location and I'll remove them.

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
I'll be starting on events cruises to thin them out.
There were only 8 pages there.

Now, so no-one feels hard done by I'm only deleting posts long past the use by date of the cruise and contains only text.

IF there are photo's or video I will leave those posts there for others to see.

IF as I'm finding there are hyperlinks to photo's or videos that no longer work and I've found a few already then I'll remove those posts.

Back