cigarrete lighter

right Ive rewired it up using the old cables, the light comes on on the lighter but I ain't too sure if it needs to be a full circuit for it to work or maybe my sat nav charger is broke?

not on fully no idea if its earthed but the light comes on. just not on the sat nav thing

Right its been done took my 5 hours and using the original wiring now works :)

Thanks olly for talking me through it!

hello all.....

i have no Cigarette light system so i brought one (picture), dont know where to connect the wire's to, there is no connecters for the spade and black wire to go too. i heard i can use my cd player cables to wire them to. Not sure what to do. help!!

cheers

Cigarette%20Lighter%20.jpg

The red wire is for the light. The spade on the bottom of the lighter in the middle is positive and the outer shell is ground.

The positive has to connect to a power source (you can use the ignition wire from the back of your stereo).

Ground has to connect to bare metal on the car (a bolt or sommat, or again somewhere around your stereo).

The wires for the light have to connect to a wire that gives power when the lights are on (I used the wire going to the heater control panel light).

yes i've done it. ive found the wire's for the cig lighter. i'm so happy lol. evan though i don't smoke. now i can charge sat nav up n stuff. yay!!

cheers guys for all thee help. (Y) :)

I hate to dig up an old thread but I suppose its better than starting another 'ciggy lighter' thread.

I have purchased a cig lighter of ebay.

129463479_o.jpg

I have searched around the gear stick and have found a black connector plug thing. Do i have to cut the plug off and manually wire the ciggy lighter to it, or will it just slot it? thanks

i got midlands magento to do my car lighter for it, as the car lighter was there but hollowed out and used to put the car imboliser switch there. there put a very nice looking car lighter there and moved the swith to a better looking place. there did this for 55 quid. which wasnt bad condsering it was a garage and not a simple put in job.

i then chopped off the red and black wire going to this black box on the dash, it has a led light and takes 9 volt battery. but when i cut it the indicators went on when the car wasnt turned on, just pulled the wire and thank jebus it turned off.

i like having a car lighter, it tells me where speed camera's are.

Back