Chippower gs2

if it seems to good to be true.............

looks like a rip off of the racechip S or RS unit, which is a 200 note unit.
there is quite a high possibility that for this price it's a fancy box with a resistor in it, if I was going down this route I'd be looking to the established makers (RaceChip, PowerGate etc.) but for the money you could quite likely get it on the rolling road and mapped correctly. given that racechip doesn't sell a power upgrade for the 1.4 only a throttle response chip though, it suggests this isn't going to do much better (racechip XLR).

do a throttle position reset for free now and you will most likely see the same improvement if not more.

Opinons are like arse holes, we all have one and no one likes someone elses. The above is my opinion :). Please do buy one, but stick your car on a rolling road before and after to give some real data instead of a seat of the pants tuning, I'd be interested in what the outcome is.

I have two of these, one on my k12 160sr and one on my k13 1.2, not done any dyno testing or anything like that but the engines feel slightly stronger, particularly low in the revs. The main difference I have noticed is the popping and banging caused by this, due to the fact that I have modified the exhausts on both of my cars. They also have a dial for adjustment, which I know works, as the MAF rate and intake air temperature change when the adjustor is moved. I wouldn't say the change is anywhere near 10% but all my mates are amazed that I have 2 Micra's that pop and bang!

Back