micra has hiccups

M

mmikra

My 93 Micra has taken to random hiccupping! It feels as if the ignition has
suddenly been turned off. It nearly always happens (when it does at all that is)
when I press the accelerator to pull away in first. Lately it taken to happening
in any gear!

Today, with engine idling, I jiggled a rubber pipe that sprouts form the
camshaft cover - and the engine hesitated. I couldn't make it happen again
though and I think it was coincidence.

There's quite a vacuum "whooshing" noise when I take the fuel filler cap off – a clue maybe?

I posted a newgroup about this (before I found this forum) and got these replies…
====
Possibly throttle body - several hundred to fix! Unless its just the
electrical connector a bit loose.
My daughters does the same - replaced plugs, carbon canister etc.
====

We've had similar problems with a Peugeot 1800 406 petrol and a Proton 1.5 petrol - turned out the MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) sensor had got 'old' - this is the sensor that tells the fuel injection how much
pressure/vacuum is in the inlet manifold.
====

Any help much appreciated.
tia

yep, t'is ya throttle body by the sounds of it..do a search and you will find links to sites where you can get a recon one, what ever you do DON'T go to nissan as you will be looking at around a 400 quid job, i got a recon one for 68 quid delivered, luckly my dad owns his own garage so i saved about 40 odd quid on labour..but paying 100 quid aint bad compared to the nissan prices..

better still if you know of any one who could do it then would could get them to re soulder everything, is prob better getting a new one, i mucked about with resouldering and it only lasts like 2 months tops, so it aint worth it really.

hope that helps! :)

you'll find it will probably be the throttle body matey. as long as you've checked the obvious (plugs/leads/basic electrics) theres a guide on the msc forum somewhere about re-soldering a connection on the throttle body that often causes this problem. im searching for it now but gotta shoot in a min to get me front wheels balanced.....

you'll find it will probably be the throttle body matey. as long as you've checked the obvious (plugs/leads/basic electrics) theres a guide on the msc forum somewhere about re-soldering a connection on the throttle body that often causes this problem. im searching for it now but gotta shoot in a min to get me front wheels balanced.....

Thanks folks.
I got the pdf from the link at... (in case anyone else is looking)

http://www.micra.com.au/information/nissan-micra-articles/cg13de-throttle-body-resoldering-guide.php

Can the throttle body be easily removed from the engine to do the soldering? It'd much easier to solder it then. Do I need any gaskets when replaceing it? Anyone know where I can buy the Silastic Automotive Silicone needed to reseal the cover?

So many questions....

Thanks again.

The bolts will prob have a good deal of surface rust on them, but come off pretty easily, make sure that your use the right bit so that you don't round it off. I didn't use a new gasket as it looked in pretty good nick

if the gasket is too bad to re-use it,use a cornflakes box and cut one to the shape,that will work and won't cost you anything

dont use on headgasket's tho :p

RE: RE: micra has hiccups

tommo said:

Does this throttle body problem occur on the 1.0 engine too or is it only relevant for the 1.3?

Back