K11 1.0 Fuel problems - Tekkies needed

when u open the throttle body take pics and send them so I can see if it's that might just need a clean up same as the injectors and fuel pump as they all one part which give u lean out and bad rev lining and less rpm,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will probably buy a new TB from my friends wrecker connection, so very cheap. Im just waiting for him to pick up the donor car. If he does not i will take maf readings. Tps gave me 0,65 kohms in neutral position (Best calibration i could get).

I will probably buy a new TB from my friends wrecker connection, so very cheap. Im just waiting for him to pick up the donor car. If he does not i will take maf readings. Tps gave me 0,65 kohms in neutral position (Best calibration i could get).
Hopefully the new tb will have a decent set of sensors on it. That'd be a good help

Hopefully.. When my car works again, i can show you my models trim!
I like the blue colour of it personally :) but I don't wanna take the thread off track..

If the TB swap doesn't work at least you'll know its an injector or pump related issue

True, but it it just wierds me out that it only happens when car is warm..
My car ran beautifully until warm. It was a vacuum pipe that expanded when warm and caused a vacuum leak. Simple things :) took me ages to resolve that issue

Have you checked for air leaks on yours at all?
Get it warm first and put a small piece of pipe, hosepipe would do, up to your ear and then use the other end to check for leaks
You'll hear a strong suction sound when/if you find one :) quick cheap and simple

My car ran beautifully until warm. It was a vacuum pipe that expanded when warm and caused a vacuum leak. Simple things :) took me ages to resolve that issue

Have you checked for air leaks on yours at all?
Get it warm first and put a small piece of pipe, hosepipe would do, up to your ear and then use the other end to check for leaks
You'll hear a strong suction sound when/if you find one :) quick cheap and simple

Haven't checked for vacuum leaks, but the car runs smooth when Cold start is engaged.

Yes i will, and the junkyard is a 45 minute drive from my house.. So, it will first be around the evening i will post updates.

NEWS: Throttle body was changed, no difference..

Is it true that, there runs a line of coolant through the throttle body?

Cool.. Next up is checking fuel lines!
easy way is take the injectors off while the wirings all on and start it up and check if they all spray same, if they don't u know it's blocked on fuel lines or fuel pump

easy way is take the injectors off while the wirings all on and start it up and check if they all spray same, if they don't u know it's blocked on fuel lines or fuel pump

Is it hard to unbolt the rail with injectors?

ynu9u7uj.jpg
it's only 3 bolts and it comes off as full fuel rails that's all, leave the injectors in place and lines tho

I drove it home with a makeshift ether spray intake, basically a hose connected to the intake running through the firewall into the cabin with a can of ether at the other end. Felt a bit like macgyver. I haven't checked anything else yet..

I drove it home with a makeshift ether spray intake, basically a hose connected to the intake running through the firewall into the cabin with a can of ether at the other end. Felt a bit like macgyver. I haven't checked anything else yet..
further checks in the fuel pump or injectors will tell u more

further checks in the fuel pump or injectors will tell u more

I have a date on tuesday with a mechanic friend of mine who has a donor k11 standing at his garage, we'll try some stuff out. Will come back with updates!

NO WONDER my car won't run properly when theres 4-5 liters of water (Or something other than petrol) in the tank..

1779964_10202530754566042_238379354_n.jpg

First prime from fuel pump.

1779948_10202530811927476_2003161864_n.jpg

A bit hard to see the to phases, but IRL it was VERY visible!

I emptied as much as possible by using the fuel pump, and then fillede the whole tank with 0,5 liters of Carburettor Alcohol and petrol. Car runs much better now, although still choughing a bit as there still a bit of water left in the tank. I even have a good idea to why the water was in. The fuel hole and tube to the tank is rusty and ruptured, so water from the wheel can squirt up through the holes and run down the tank! Will defiantly buy a new one of those ASAP!

I'd of never guessed that... I'm gonna check mine now :p

I know right? I think the reason for it being able to drive after standing still for a moment, was because the water would flow down to the bottom of the fuel lines, and the fuel would take the waters place.

I know right? I think the reason for it being able to drive after standing still for a moment, was because the water would flow down to the bottom of the fuel lines, and the fuel would take the waters place.
That'd make logical sense :)
I'd get looking at your fuel tanks.breather pipe.. doesn't appear to letting vapour out at a guess :/

NO WONDER my car won't run properly when theres 4-5 liters of water (Or something other than petrol) in the tank..

1779964_10202530754566042_238379354_n.jpg

First prime from fuel pump.

1779948_10202530811927476_2003161864_n.jpg

A bit hard to see the to phases, but IRL it was VERY visible!

I emptied as much as possible by using the fuel pump, and then fillede the whole tank with 0,5 liters of Carburettor Alcohol and petrol. Car runs much better now, although still choughing a bit as there still a bit of water left in the tank. I even have a good idea to why the water was in. The fuel hole and tube to the tank is rusty and ruptured, so water from the wheel can squirt up through the holes and run down the tank! Will defiantly buy a new one of those ASAP!
I knew it was the fuel pump or injectors that can find the fault that's was the pump on mines tho and injector fuse wires

Back