K11 1.0 Fuel problems - Tekkies needed

Hi guys, my K11 1.0 '94 is acting up. Watch the (whole) video to see what's up.

It doesn't get enough fuel, but i don't know why. It runs fine when it's cold though. (Guessing cold start system helps?)

Im looking for a way to test the varios sensors (Coolant, O2 and so on), anyone got any ideas?

I know about the throttle body problems and I've resoldered all joints.

So I'm looking for ways to test the:

O2 sensor (Runs the same with this plugged out)
MAF sensor

Throttle Body Position sensor gives me a read of 0,65 kohms when closed. That should be good enough to run right?

what is the lambda voltage when warm oliver ?

Currently I have no idea. Which wires Is for heater and ECU? And should i strip the wires while connected to ECU before testing, or can I just pull the plug and insert my voltmeter in the leads while running? And should i step on the gas or? I'm no mecanic, but I like to tell people that i fix my own cars :)

Al rite, but is it possible to measure with the plug disconnected? FYI, if i unplug the O2 sensor the car continues to run bad.

Yeah but I can hear the fuel pump turning when I switch the ignition on..

My earliest theory was that the delivery system was clogged up, so when the pump primed it made pressure that gradually failed. But i don't think it would be able to run for so long when it was cold and required more fuel, if that was the case.

Last edited:
still till it heats up and starts giving up
engine bay main fuse check for hair line crack, opens up when hot.
ignition switch also heats and wears down

chuncky looking fuses in the engine compartment areas

a lot of things sort of wear down in this mortal plane but when we get out of our shell after death then imortal plane things wear much less quickly.

chuncky looking fuses in the engine compartment areas

a lot of things sort of wear down in this mortal plane but when we get out of our shell after death then imortal plane things wear much less quickly.

Eh, alright! Going to my friends garage right now to check it out, still not sure if i can make a reading of the O2 sensor with it being unplugged though..

Eh, alright! Going to my friends garage right now to check it out, still not sure if i can make a reading of the O2 sensor with it being unplugged though..
the lambda generates its own signal/voltage i believe oliver, but will take longer to heat up if unplugged tho eh :)

UPDATE:

So, first i checked the lambda. I let the car warm up and in idle the voltage was about 0,35v, and when i revved the engine it dropped to near zero, and right after i let go of the throttle it would increase to over 1v. I think it's working, altough the readings was a bit bouncy. But it responded to rev changes.

Then i looked over the fuses and oh boy were they worn. Look at these pics:

IMG_0095_big_thumb.JPG

Opening the fusebox.

IMG_0097_big_thumb.JPG

Ignition Switch fuse, pretty corroded, but intact.

All the "flat" fuses was intact except for the audio one.

I then have before tried to unplug the MAF-sensor, but i discovered that i had removed the TPS instead, silly me! So i tried to unplug the MAF and the car would suddenly roughly up to 3k revolutions (NOT if i floored it), but would not idle. It would not drive either, as soon as the engine was put under load it died. But as said, it would rev, roughly, to 3k and stay there. Which makes me think that the MAF is faulty. But i discovered another fusebox with a marker saying "Idle Up". I opened it, and this is what i found:

IMG_0098_big_thumb.JPG

IMG_0099_big_thumb.JPG

There was no relay. Is this a problem?

My next moves are: Replacing all dull looking fuses, and if thats not working, i will replace throttle body.

All help is appreciated!!!

Yeah i know Frank, but how is the engine supposed to know it should squirt more fuel in when it does not get a read from the lambda?

it only (closed loop) reads from the lambda at cruise tho (and idle, poorly) it runs from the fuelmap when floored eh :)

Im a retard, i didn't really floored it, because it dies when i floor it.. If it runs from the fuel map when floored, isn't there something wrong with fuel delivery then?

True, but i mean, the mechanical aspects. I think the ECU is supposed to enrich the mix as much as possible if the lambda is disconnected, but am i wrong?

have you checked the t/p/s readings and maf oliver ? it sounds like the ecu is,nt getting any wot signal and leaning out

I have read TPS signal when closed to 0,65k ohm. Don't know how to check MAF? WOT is wide open throttle right? I haven't done much diagnostics on cars..

yes open throttle, i think you should be getting 4.5v + on both the t/p/s and maf, this is where a £20 obd1 connector and ecutalk freeware is so handy :)

PC250247.JPG

UPDATE:

So, first i checked the lambda. I let the car warm up and in idle the voltage was about 0,35v, and when i revved the engine it dropped to near zero, and right after i let go of the throttle it would increase to over 1v. I think it's working, altough the readings was a bit bouncy. But it responded to rev changes.

Then i looked over the fuses and oh boy were they worn. Look at these pics:

IMG_0095_big_thumb.JPG

Opening the fusebox.

IMG_0097_big_thumb.JPG

Ignition Switch fuse, pretty corroded, but intact.

All the "flat" fuses was intact except for the audio one.

I then have before tried to unplug the MAF-sensor, but i discovered that i had removed the TPS instead, silly me! So i tried to unplug the MAF and the car would suddenly roughly up to 3k revolutions (NOT if i floored it), but would not idle. It would not drive either, as soon as the engine was put under load it died. But as said, it would rev, roughly, to 3k and stay there. Which makes me think that the MAF is faulty. But i discovered another fusebox with a marker saying "Idle Up". I opened it, and this is what i found:

IMG_0098_big_thumb.JPG

IMG_0099_big_thumb.JPG

There was no relay. Is this a problem?

My next moves are: Replacing all dull looking fuses, and if thats not working, i will replace throttle body.

All help is appreciated!!!
The fuses are worn change them and Check it, and the idle up don't have a fuse like mines so it's ok, check if there is a fuses holder in the idle up under the cover ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frank why didn't you speak of this earlier you devil!! I will check it out ecutalk ASAP! Is it obd1 to USB or?

And Azzydot i will change the fuse :)

I have no idea where to get the fuses.. Can i short circuit it just for testing maybe?
U can try scrap yard and maybe if try the fuses if u have on the driver side fuses box near the timing belt make sure it's same amps and it's not for the main part of the cars starting up fuses like alternator or battery ones

Changed the fuses, no luck.

Will change throttle body tomorrow, getting a cheap one from another Micra. If that doesn't work im seriously considering scrapping the car.

Changed the fuses, no luck.

Will change throttle body tomorrow, getting a cheap one from another Micra. If that doesn't work im seriously considering scrapping the car.
Only if I was local I would have checked, keep trying to find the faults don't scrap it and the owner to know it's a cheap fix like my micra

There is a little filter on the pump right?
no that's the engine breather on the rocker, it's in the rear seats like mines after changing it, it was all sorted
apanutuj.jpg
uja6a2ug.jpg
qy5ypyge.jpg
maje7ara.jpg
and that's tools I used only, took me 20 mins max easy check too maybe it's leaning your injectors

I live in Denmark, we have the worlds most expensive cars, i paid 500 pounds for mine.. And its in pretty bad shape, it's a st. Ives model though, so it has heated seats and sunroof! Sad thing it isn't running..

I live in Denmark, we have the worlds most expensive cars, i paid 500 pounds for mine.. And its in pretty bad shape, it's a st. Ives model though, so it has heated seats and sunroof! Sad thing it isn't running..
What model is that st never heard of a Micra being st ? Or with heated seats ?

Have a check on fuel regular
u8yju6e9.jpg
the round but on the end can be blocked or bad fuel pump in the rear

I will buy throttle body from junkyard tomorrow, hoping thats it. When i get it running again i can do a show off thread, the paint is original, and really well preserved, sadly it has a small dent as you can see..

Back