Chip Question

L

littlemisspvc

After reading much info on here and other sites, I was under the impression that I could get my car chipped. However my mechanic friend isnt sure, so I thought I better ask.

My micra is 1999 1.3 inspiration - will a Dastek (or other chip) work?

oven chips, frying chips, mccain to some good ones altho my personaly fav must be the chip shop chips.

IMPORTANT: - Please ensure your reply is constructive and adds to the discussion
- Pointless posts will be removed and may result in you losing posting privileges
- To avoid misunderstandings, please don't use 'txt spk' and ensure your post is relatively typo-free

depends why u want one,,if you want more power there are cheaper ways to go than a chip ,its usually the last thing to do after all your engine mods so its not lean/rich and some make upto 10% i think,,but if your engine is allready modded it depends wot you have done to it

i phoned a superchip place and they said they would only be able to chip my car if it had a european ecu (not a japanese one)

Why does it matter why I want one - will that change how they fit?

All I asked is if they fit or not.

dastek and greddy emanage will fit best to be done as a last mod after inlet,exhaust, etc so you can make the most of youre mods

dont touch the ebay resistor things for like £1 as they will damage youre engine in the long run

quickdraw said:
IMPORTANT: - Please ensure your reply is constructive and adds to the discussion
- Pointless posts will be removed and may result in you losing posting privileges
- To avoid misunderstandings, please don't use 'txt spk' and ensure your post is relatively typo-free

true...my bad, sorry bout that.

there are plenty of threads in the tuning and general sections for the K11 which i feel will answer all your questions, or most at least.

yes unichip is a good option even on a standard car but it just means you will have to remap it if you change the mods after.

yes you can get a company to superchip your car but that will be one set map, i would strongly reccomend fitting a re-mappable "chip"

Back