Can Micra k11's be superchipped?????

Paul Smith

Site Supporter
I am confused because if you search on the forums some say it can and some say it can't? I spoke to superchip and they seemed just as confused as there sight says yes and they say there not sure?

Please help as i was under the impression that the ecu can't be chipped? So what is recommended instead? piggyback or use a 200sx ecu and copy the info across then chip as the 200sx ecu's can be chipped?

Regards Paul

I just went on the superchip site and they have the K11 listed

Nissan Micra
1993 - 2001
Engine type : Non-Turbo Petrol
Engine size : 998 cm3
Cylinders : 4

Original bhp : 54
Original nm : 80
BHP increase : 4

Price* : £293.75

Exactly how is IT done?

Since the early 1990s, most engines have been controlled by an on-board computer, the engine control unit (ECU), which amongst other functions, defines the ignition timing, fuelling and boost pressure for all given engine speeds and loads.

After extensive development and testing, we arrive at the optimised settings for your make and model of vehicle, ensuring that each Superchip is as individual as the software inside your ECU, safely eliminating those ‘performance compromises’.

In most cases this remapped programme is installed electronically and remotely through the car’s diagnostic port. There’s no replacement chip, and we don’t touch the ECU itself.

And we always test your vehicle before handing it back for you to enjoy, just making sure everything is operating as it should be.

However this is fairly interesting, as I believe the only way to re-map the K11 ECU is to use the methods that Micra_pete does. Which I assume isn't that simple.

The best option is to use a piggy back ecu.

But on a standard CG10 the gains will still be negligable.

The best and easiest thing for you to do is put a Janspeed Manifold on for £200 that will give you a more than 4bhp gain that they're quoting for £265

the k11 can be "superchipped" is it a pre-mapped piggy-back unit.

better ways to spend £300 imo, i think thats around what ed charges for a real mapped piggyback.

i know what i'd go for

use a 200sx ecu and copy the info across then chip as the 200sx ecu's can be chipped?

Regards Paul

also that wouldn't work, the programme on the ecu is completely different

I have a standard ecu at present, but RGS motorsport in wellingborough, Jansport in northampton and DME in wellingborough all say you can not superchip the ecu piggy back or full management ar ethe only ways to go? I will go full engine management but i need some setting up. while i save.

Re-programing would cost around £300 and that would be on a rolling road. For use with a turbo i'm not sure about. I beleive it can be done but there are better items out there to support a turbo.

Is it a dastek unichip or has got a model/version or anything like that so i could look it up to see if its able to cope with the turbo. Just after a cheap way to make ecu adjustments for my turbo setup, Because hopefully will have a full engine management in the next 6 - 12 months. Heard some good things about the unichips?

Back