cherry bomb? or another?

jonpw

Ex. Club Member
I am thinking of getting a straight through (glasspack) exhaust for my K11, i have found a cherry bomb on ebay, but have heard since that they are illegal in the UK? what product would you suggest, under £100 if poss, on a budget! :)

what did you search for, because when i search for glasspack, not much of relevance comes up? is the £40 one a janspeed or another make?

Janspeed back boxes are gash! They are real restrictive and muffle the sound. Get you self on Essex racing they sell a very good 3.4 & a 4" stainless backbox for £35 I've brought 5 in total now and I carnt falt them one bit

Janspeed back boxes are gash! They are real restrictive and muffle the sound. Get you self on Essex racing they sell a very good 3.4 & a 4" stainless backbox for £35 I've brought 5 in total now and I carnt falt them one bit

how loud are these? and do they improve the sound? i only have a weeny 1.0l :grinning:

I replaced my K11 backbox with a piece of scaffold pole. It sounded nice and looked standard. Wasn't too loud as it passed the MOT. Total cost of about £5 including a clamp and some exhaust paste.

how loud are these? and do they improve the sound? i only have a weeny 1.0l :grinning:

fwn if its louder sound you want, remove the silancer and replace with the same guage pipe simple, will cost no more than £10 and just put a fancie tip on the endo of the box from halfrawds :laugh:

The 'universal' in universal backbox means 'doesn't quite fit anything perfectly'.

Glasspack silencers do almost nothing to silence. The only way to knock of a couple of decibels would be to have a glasspack silencer the whole length of your car. Save money and go for the bit of pipe, the 2 cats keep the noise down just enough.

I replaced my K11 backbox with a piece of scaffold pole. It sounded nice and looked standard. Wasn't too loud as it passed the MOT. Total cost of about £5 including a clamp and some exhaust paste.

I have Ollys Cherry Bomb fitted to my Micra and it isn't that loud at all, slowing down from 70 to 60 gradually is when it is quite load, but a nice rumble load. Check my Blog, hopefully they should be on pages 1 to 3 somewhere.

Is that for a k10? where did you get it? cheers

Not sure who your replying to, but mine is a K11. Have a look on ebay, though I had to custom build brackets for mounting, though you could just cut a section out from underneath and put it there.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CHERRY-BOMB-3-STANDARD-CASE-CB3-1-2-1-2-BORE-/270578907697?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3effc27a31

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Universal-Stateside-Cherry-Bomb-Sports-Exhaust-OV-/200476420507?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ead53699b

Back