diesel cherry bomb

If you put a cherry bomb back box on a diesel k12 micra it wont mess with the back pressure. Im wondering if it would make any sound that sounds ok. I mean on a petrol they sound **** like a farting balloon. You can get a back box new for £36 is it worth a shot or has any one tried it.

I don't think it'd be worth it tbh, would still have the diesel tractor sound only louder, and it might be more like a smoke bomb than a cherry bomb

The back box is a long way from the engine its that what makes the noise. Plus the turbo diesel has only done 12,000 mile so no smoky exhaust, The new diesel Renault engine in the later k12 are near on silent that why I want to hear instead of looking at the rev counter to change gear. Its fitted with a diesel power box 110 BHP but no sound

Yeah I know which part the back box is, i've heard other diesels with cherry bombs fitted and they've sounded awful if i'm honest but each to their own I suppose. If you want an even better sound/more power i'd suggest getting a good induction kit/air box & a remap as diesels always respond well to those

why didn't you say you hear them that's what I asked, the car has a K-N flat filter , and its remap by a plug in diesel power box so all you do is unplug not like a fixed remap. the car has al the power it needs 240 torque 110 bhp more than an old golf GTI , its the sound im after if you say you hear plenty of diesels with cherry bombs on and there crap that all I need to no, thanks no need to lecture me I only asked a question

why didn't you say you hear them that's what I asked, the car has a K-N flat filter , and its remap by a plug in diesel power box so all you do is unplug not like a fixed remap. the car has al the power it needs 240 torque 110 bhp more than an old golf GTI , its the sound im after if you say you hear plenty of diesels with cherry bombs on and there crap that all I need to no, thanks no need to lecture me I only asked a question
Problem I found is that diesels don't rev high enough to give a nice tone. It's always low down growl, not a nice growl.

frank you seem to have the wrong idea of todays turbo diesels , there is no turbo lag and its silent in the cab and nothing like noise outside , I think your thinking 1980 buddy , you don't think I would want to make a noisy diesel even more so do you.

frank you seem to have the wrong idea of todays turbo diesels , there is no turbo lag and its silent in the cab and nothing like noise outside , I think your thinking 1980 buddy , you don't think I would want to make a noisy diesel even more so do you.
no comprende o_O who said anything about turbo lag ??
the exhaust note has nothing to do with the mechanical noise under the bonnet mate

in that case they all sound the same bar back pressure petrol and diesel , if you engine sounds sweet your exhaust note sounds sweet im looking for the Harley bike sound

have you listened to edk,s vids ? (stainless steel dump pipe + oversize s/s system + particle filter delete + cat delete iirc)

I was unsure of the main question in your original post, if you were asking for sound videos or just saying that you had a cherry bomb exhaust. Yeah i've seen those tuning boxes, on some cars they can make quite a difference for the money so a good general mod :) I've only heard a couple, and I think they were older engines so it may sound good on your one, some modern diesels can sound pretty fierce with just an exhaust change. I didn't mean my post to come across like a lecture btw, was only saying.

Back