Check your ignition barrel setting / acceleration response

PUBLIC SERVICE
Both SMALL an old rover metro and last 2 micras ive driven ive found MASSIVE flat spot delayed pull off / lack of response
After tuning by ear the slight rotation of the ignition barrel it had transformed the cars acceleration considerably-[over do it and your MPG will be alot higher or be revving too hard on idle]
Either its slipped over 10 years or various mechanics messing has caused this but apon rotating its made a huge difference to the cars pulling off
or it could be a factory setting? either way i have to do this or it just frustrates the crap out of me with lifeless acceleration
any thoughts?

PUBLIC SERVICE
Both SMALL an old rover metro and last 2 micras ive driven ive found MASSIVE flat spot delayed pull off / lack of response
After tuning by ear the slight rotation of the ignition barrel it had transformed the cars acceleration considerably-[over do it and your MPG will be alot higher or be revving too hard on idle]
Either its slipped over 10 years or various mechanics messing has caused this but apon rotating its made a huge difference to the cars pulling off
or it could be a factory setting? either way i have to do this or it just frustrates the crap out of me with lifeless acceleration
any thoughts?

not what i would call words of wisdom :suspect:

is that like where you turn the ignition barrel and actually start the engine? because i found a massive difference in throttle responce after starting the engine.

Haha nex you joker...on demand thinking their ;)

Frank what does rotating the barrel actually do? I know you'r somewhat a micra expert xD.

the metal barrel the dizzy is screwed too rotate it slightly for faster timing - undo the 2 stud / nuts
sometimes they slip over 10 years or set on economy
Take the #### boys-i couldnt give a monkies its made a big difference to throttle response on the last 3 1l small fart boxes ive driven 1 METRO 1.1S carb float was dry too-OTHER 2NO MICRA 1.0I16V
that had an annoying delay / flat spot to pulling off [too much and she'll rev and drink too much]
FOR THE RECORD-actually i think VTS/R are ####e!! lmao

Back