cheaper fuel

B

Ben

Ok so over the past few months, petrol prices and the concerns of petrol prices have been increasing. I know there a little lower at thew minute but compared to over countries its a joke. Anyways, someone has finally decided to try and do something about it.

The idea is simple, a fuel discount card offering between 5 and 10p/litre whcih will be usable at a single retailer. this will be possible if and only if there is a large enough following to put pressure on the company involved to take this up.

Why would a fuel company be interested do it? Well as you might realise petrol retailers dont make much profit on fuel, but on the other stuff they sell. You know, the stuff we buy when getting petrol like, cans of coke, dodgy coffee, chochie bars and copies of FHM. And they'd much rather we bought it from them than a competitors.

So if you have a group of say 750000 users, you can say "you either give us a discount and we'll use your petrol stations, or one of your competitors would be more than happy to take these 750000 customers.

They are currently talking to a major oil company and a supermarket retailer.

So take a look at it and register your interest. You can find it at

http://www.pipelinecard.org/

What have you to loose, other than more cash if you dont !

I registered and the email i recieved says that the rate of applications is 10,000 a week!

Just joined up aswell, will be interesting to see what happens.

Do you think the name on the e-mail means anything??

Ben SCAMmell,lol.

Thats one good way to be able to collect email address's. In my opinion, and my opinion only it looks like a load of tosh.

this guy from the times feature has a fair point

Considering petrol is currently cheaper than water and that its price will inevitably rise this scheme seems to fundamentally miss the point.

Over half of all UK journeys by car are less than 5 miles and over half of them are less than 2 miles. The majority of people can walk 2 miles in about half an hour...

In the urban environment - walking, taking public transport or cycling will almost always beat or equal a car's journey time.

We need to rethink our whole approach to transport not quibble over a few pence...

Perhaps Mr Scammell would like to set up a bulk buying scheme for multi-thousand pound luxury electrical appliances that people rarely complain about the cost of but increasingly are more than happy to purchase.

This guy aint got the foggiest.

What a brillant Idea. I am up for it and so should every self employed indivdual in this country.

The more that sign up the bigger the discount should be

tell ya wot we'll get 10,000 people to sign up and u'll get it for 50p less! o_O

Lol, good on him if it works. But I must admit Im quite happy to pay what Im paying at the moment cos I know I need it. If it gets too expensive, then public transport it is, Im very sceptical of one man doing this considering most of the supermarkets have tried for years

i was watching a programme the other day and apprently its dead rich or something and something to do with lean and um.... thats bout as much as i remember but the moral of the sotry was that its bad

red is fine it just got a dye init, so it will not do anything to my car, read up on it.

Fact!!

Red diesel is only intended to be used in off road vehicles ...NOT road vehicles...by driving your 'ROAD CAR' on red diesel you are breaking the law...

You should read up on it :p

There have been a detected 7713 vehicles running on illegal fuel since august 2004...

its got the dye in it so you can tell if you have o pay tax on it!

thats why its cheaper

Back