Cheap Tyres?!

Do they even exist?!

My new rims should be here Monday and i need to wrap them in something. My mates dad used to be a tyre fitter and said dont get part worns whatever i do cause i dont know why theyve been taken off in the first place. But then again i dont want to be spending £200 odd a year on tyres!!

Any help much appreciated! After size 165/50/15

Well yes but the tyres are already on there aren't they... People need a reason to take tyres off.. such as leaking air, punctures etc..

Cheers for the links. Looking at pictures Nankangs seem to look really bad when stretched but i suppose ill have to compromise!

Edit: do you think it'd be alright to mix those two tryes, two on the front two on the rear?

go to a good scrap yard, they often stock good tyres, the place i use only put the good tyres on shelves inside, and the crap ones go on a heap,

£12 a tyre aint bad

Most part worn tyres are summer tyres that have been shipped over from europe when our european neighbours change to winter tyres. I got this info from the place I use for my part worns and have never had a problem with them, though having said that I am now on new tyres cos I wanted an odd size and couldnt get part worns:confused:

sell thousands of part worns at my place, insurance write offs, most with amazing tyres on them. lets face it, your local pikey aint going to take a tyre off a rim with a pair of spoons and a bow saw, you need a tyre machine.

Try finding somewhere with 165/50/15 part worns though, very rare IIRC they only come standard on daihatsu copen. for new ones id try either mytyres.co.uk or camskill.co.uk. But tyre places have become wise to people buying cheaper tyres off the net and have bumped up the price they charge for fitting tyres they havent supplied, i have even been to some places that wont even fit tyres they dont supply and pretty much gave me the "get off my laaand" treatment. You can easily add £10 a tyre for fitting and balancing. so unless you have a friend in the trade or can fit them yourself its not worth getting them online, just shop around local non franchised places for good deals.

IIRC the last set of 165/50/15s i got from mytyres at £38 posted each, mytyres are good because you can use paypal

Back