make it fast cheap

CMF_micra97

» CMF Member
hello there, im new hear and new to micras, I have a 97 model one 1 liter, its a hot rod, im looking for ways to make it faster with out spending a lot of money,, im trying to get it down to 580kg in weight, I had a look about the form and found one or 2 tops about making them fast, so far I found out to fit a skyline fuel pump,(have one in the shed so lucky enove)
fit a GA15 throttle body (off what car I can I get this off)
I have the limter removed already, and im getting the fly wheel lightend, any ideas welcome

CMF_Danvillan

» CMF Member
Purchase a 1.3 litre engine put the flat top pistons from the 1 litre into the 1.3. Larger fuel injectors and pump, exhaust, nisstune the ecu, flywheel etc. Doing all that is probably not what you would consider cheap.

Mate you have a 1 litre car making it fast is not going to be cheap and even after spending heaps of money it won't really be fast compared to other things that's are getting around.

If you want a fast car probably start with a different base car, if you want a fun car maybe just focus on the handling of the micra.

I don't think the ga16 tb on a 1lt is going to improve performance without other work being done first, if anything probably make it more sluggish off the mark. Maybe a slight improve at WOT.

CMF_ronnielow

» CMF Member
if you want a fast micra, focus on the handling side of things.

-Coilovers
-sway bars
-good tyres

my k11 isnt very powerful, the modifications i have done really only increase the throttle response.

decreasing the weight of the already light vehicle is just going to cause you more trouble (traction and stability)

but if you want an all round quick micra, you will need to spend the coin and boost it!

thats just my opinion anyway.

Back