Charlotte lost weight

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Well I decided to bite the bullet and go for it.

No rear seating facilities inside my little charlotte. Suspension has risen almost a whole CM too.

Looks a bit funny from outside the car but definately doesnt give the look of a car with a dirty big stereo to steal which is exactly what I wanted.

Attachments

• 12059.jpg
    12059.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 23

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Yes its very dirty but I was expecting rain today. Will be washed this afternoon because I dont think its going to rain.

Sits soo high. :(

Attachments

• 12061.jpg
    12061.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 22

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Interior view. Roomy! Leaving the carpet, etc is much nicer than bare floor. Can't wait to build a bit of a ghetto style rear floor.

Attachments

• 12062.jpg
    12062.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 20

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Ah yes I should add the legalities I found with this after calling QLD transport and being directed to an automotive engineer.

What I have done is 100% legal. I have to put everything back in if I sell it though. Don't have to get it re-registered as a 2 seater or engineered or anything like that.

Awesome.

CMF_Ghetto Micra

» CMF Member
awesome. just needs some ghetto styling in there :)

the way I see it, is if you dont carry more than one passenger, why have the seats? the micra is so crippled for carrying large items with the rear seats!

top work :)

Attachments

• 12066.jpg
    12066.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 21

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
More than one passenger slows you down, and the rear seat passengers complain about being thrown about so much.

And above is the solution.

Plus you can fit a few more bodies in the back now too.

cisco

» CMF Member
Allright!

Nice work Yom. Definately get some whitelines. They sit a good fraction lower than the kings.

2006 - the year of micras with no back seats taking on ghetto conversions.

CMF_eM

» CMF Member
you have so much free time Tom, im jealous :p
I hate sitting in the back of stylin, its so bumpy but I don't think I would ever take the seats out, it's too much fun watching other people bounce around in the back :p

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
Tom, I think you should get a micra.com sticker, surely you could afford the extra weight it would carry :p, I agree with Em, I wouldn't have anywhere to throw my shopping bags after a big day out lol plus removing the rear seats I think would create too much noise too, I do think the seats probably absorb some of the noise, or maybe just my imagination.

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
nice work Yom, i was sussing out doing some ghetto stylze but figured i need the seats occasionally plus i like the sound deadening quality they provide.

Yeah eM, see uni starts next week though :p, (for me atleast) im hoping to finish yup a few things before then, but dosn't look like i'll have the mulah in time,

Alex

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Stickers! GAAAR!

I hate stickers. I only put the whiteline one on because alex forced me into doing it.

I've got remove it though because all it does is attract dust.. Bloody thing.

cisco

» CMF Member
Yom, the only stickers that non-sticker cars are permitted to have is a micra.com.au sticker. come on, get with it! :)

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Which reminds me, I have 2 stickers (micra) that i have to put on my ride.

One on the dash i think and one on the back window. Well i can wait because my Micra won't be driven till about May anyway. Tryin to get heaps of mods done will post some pics and info soon.

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Same... Ive got my big Peavy Nitrobass Amp and 4x"10 speaker box that i need to take places every weekend... Im a gigging man!

Is there something you can do with the upper-back tray that hangs off the back door? Its such a pain. Ive taken it out before, but always put it back because i need back speakers!

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
I ditched rear speakers.

You can leave tbhe rear grey plastic parcel tray supports in the back though and yóu'll still be able to put the parcel tray in.

But honestly unless you want to ditch some excess weight, the s1 seats can folt totally flat.

Just lift the seat bottoms up with the little tabs on them and fold the seat backs foward. Easy.

Back