• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Egres's K10

Hi,

to cut long story short, i bought my Micra a year ago. It ran, but there were lots of issues with dizzy, carb, well.. almost everything.. I managed to repair everything while using the car every day (I hope :D) with great help of you all and spent last few months doing smaller things, like painting some bits, small LED light upgrade etc..

Finally I decided, that it would be nice to make a thread in this section. I am not going to post hundreds of pics of prevous repairs and another things, simply because i don't have them. :)

It is 1.0 Litre 1986 model, previous owner gave it alloys, lowered it + sport suspension, so it feels like a go cart (DON'T ride a go cart on Slovak roads!) :D and also mounted an exhaust looking like factory chimney. At first I liked it, but it is a bit too loud :/

Unfortunately, the white paint is showing, that it has had enough. But repainting whole car is a bit too pricey for my liking, so I have to cope with it and kill rusty spots as soon as they appear.

Program for next few weeks is: removable custom made parcel shelf+ audio system, hiding additional reflectors behind mesh (if it wont work, I will find a better place - new law in Slovakia practically bans all sorts of additional lights, even if they are road legal.. thanks, EUcommunism) and moving the three gauges from their temporary cardboard box to something nicer.

some pics:
yesterday:
2808g3t.jpg

today: (needed to cover those lights)
soob6b.jpg

ip41zo.jpg

touch of red inside (new pedal covers on the way.. red of course.. and vacuum cleaning scheduled tomorrow.. i know, it is dirty)
o9msnn.jpg

gauges in a temporary housing:
xe1yqt.jpg

a bit of photoshopping.. red mesh is on the way.. because of the compression of the pic, it looks more like brown
2zi8x7d.jpg

found front lights from hyundai in garage.. it would provide better light than micra's lights, BUT it looks like crap
2he8y74.jpg

Back