Changing nats

Hi all,

I have been reading that the nats system is a right pain in terms of stripping a micra for auto racing. Can the whole loom be discarded and another distributor be used to simply use a live feed to the distributor and therefore really simplify the wiring ??

Graham

Not got one yet Skymera, just thinking ahead for when I purchase one for autograss. I take it the dizy is the same then for both looms??

I am looking at a 1.3 micra. Will any mats loom fit and work, ie one from a 1.0 earlier car?? Sorry if a simple question but don't have any experience with ecu cars, just good old fashioned carb and 4 wires to get it running lol.

I am looking at a 1.3 micra. Will any mats loom fit and work, ie one from a 1.0 earlier car?? Sorry if a simple question but don't have any experience with ecu cars, just good old fashioned carb and 4 wires to get it running lol.
yes a 1.0 pre-nats setup will work fine on any pre 2000 k11 graham

In class 2 I have to replace the injectors with a carb set up. How is the ecu modified to do this? Is it simply a case of removing the injector wires and leaving the dizzy side of things??

In class 2 I have to replace the injectors with a carb set up. How is the ecu modified to do this? Is it simply a case of removing the injector wires and leaving the dizzy side of things??

i think it will only run a basic sparkmap without the maf and tps input mate

Frank,

thanks for the reply but what is maf and tps lol ??? Do you know of any reading material online that I can educate myself with regarding the ecu magic internals??

Graham

Am restoring a mini at present frank so am on the forum but its not an ecu injected mini. Have seen a lot of megajolt on there but the mats does seem a complicated beast compared to a mini lol. Will ask tho.

Back