Changing nats

Hi all,

I have been reading that the nats system is a right pain in terms of stripping a micra for auto racing. Can the whole loom be discarded and another distributor be used to simply use a live feed to the distributor and therefore really simplify the wiring ??

Graham

OP
OP
M
Not got one yet Skymera, just thinking ahead for when I purchase one for autograss. I take it the dizy is the same then for both looms??

OP
OP
M
I am looking at a 1.3 micra. Will any mats loom fit and work, ie one from a 1.0 earlier car?? Sorry if a simple question but don't have any experience with ecu cars, just good old fashioned carb and 4 wires to get it running lol.

frank

Club Member
I am looking at a 1.3 micra. Will any mats loom fit and work, ie one from a 1.0 earlier car?? Sorry if a simple question but don't have any experience with ecu cars, just good old fashioned carb and 4 wires to get it running lol.
yes a 1.0 pre-nats setup will work fine on any pre 2000 k11 graham

OP
OP
M
In class 2 I have to replace the injectors with a carb set up. How is the ecu modified to do this? Is it simply a case of removing the injector wires and leaving the dizzy side of things??

frank

Club Member
In class 2 I have to replace the injectors with a carb set up. How is the ecu modified to do this? Is it simply a case of removing the injector wires and leaving the dizzy side of things??

i think it will only run a basic sparkmap without the maf and tps input mate

OP
OP
M
Frank,

thanks for the reply but what is maf and tps lol ??? Do you know of any reading material online that I can educate myself with regarding the ecu magic internals??

Graham

OP
OP
M
Am restoring a mini at present frank so am on the forum but its not an ecu injected mini. Have seen a lot of megajolt on there but the mats does seem a complicated beast compared to a mini lol. Will ask tho.