Changing ignition barel

Mat.T

Ex. Club Member
It has been getting harder and harder to turn the key in the ignition barel. So it is now time for a replacement, has anyone else on here done this? does any one know where i could get a ignition barel.

cheers

Scrappy is your best bet, Nissan will prob do you one though.
Not too hard a thing to change either :)

No, will need the key from the same car as the ignition barrell, so I guessed that Nissan could do it for a cost

You might be able to get a barrel at a scrappys with the key, if not ask nissan for a price to get a key made from the chassis number then price the barrel without a key in the scrappys...

kev_mono72 said:
You might be able to get a barrel at a scrappys with the key,

yeah actually i've seen k10's in my local with the keys still in them. The reason i wasnt sure is i got a replacement dash, and my key locks and unlocks the glove box on both dashboards!

Most of the cars in my local srappies have the keys in, the problem being most of the K10s will be high millers like mine so the barels will be in similar condition to mine, i will have to keep a look out for a low millage one.

Mat.T said:
Most of the cars in my local srappies have the keys in, the problem being most of the K10s will be high millers like mine so the barels will be in similar condition to mine, i will have to keep a look out for a low millage one.

Il keep my eyes peeled too mate, going down parappa the scrappa tomorrow lol :)

Easyiest thing to do is change the steering column, undo a couple of nuts 5 in total and swap the lot over, I did this and takes 20 minutes

Back