change of heart.

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
i was all geared up to go turbo.
but ive looked at white knight's supercharged micra and think i might go down that path instead because 1) he's running around 10psi with do forged pistons etc...money saver! and 2) it would be nice to have a change from everyone deciding to go turbo all the time, not just micras obviously.

i know its a full custom job. but it looks alot cheaper than going turbo. is it?

1 question to white knight:

is it not a little jumpy for around town driving e.g in traffic.
is there any change of a brief list of things i would need. just brief as am sure you have said this many times
cheers

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Come on jaxx the dark side awaits you!!
If you stay with the Micra main drive pulley you will pull around 5/6psi and you should be just fine with stock internals.
Whitey blew when the bigger main drive pulley was fitted and boost went to 10psi.
Driveable. I can cruise around town all day without going onto boost and can with light pedal pressure go from 0 to 110kph without hitting boost.
The supercahrger clutch is controlled by a hobbs switch which works off the mainfold vaccuum pressure. Its ajustable. If I want to be a real mongrel I just adjust the screw which means it comes in early or go the other way so it comes in later.
Be sure you buy the correct hobbs switch one that works on vaccuum pressure.
Your right foot on the gas pedal is what matters. After a bit of practise you can do what you want and when you want the supercahrger to cut in.

mik

» CMF Member
I bought a Mini Cooper S Supercharger. The pulley on this supercharger is the same as the pulleys one on the Micra too! :)
I doing the conversion in a few weeks, i first have to build some mounts for the supercharger. Which will be then located above the alternator.

mike

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
am going to the darkside, well happy with myself. i made my mind up and have literally 2 mins ago bought the t15 turbo package from america. all i need to do now is wait.

am going to run on 6/7psi instead of the full job, least i have something to play with whilst i consider forged pistons etc and 'upping' the boost. want money to go towards a spray job.

CMF_turbo1.3

» CMF Member
Well done jaxx, well done - im gonna pop into hypersport and ask how much they will fit my tomei cams for and greddy my car for me ;)

Cant wait to see your results... be very interesting!

Mik - do you have ROOM for that charger? - my 4 branch manifold gets in the way - perhaps on a standard manifold it may fit, but it would be very restrictive, perhaps could you throw us some pictures of where you will mount etc??

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
they have just e-mailed me saying that my purchase has been canceled. haaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!and no reason for it. haaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and theres no were else that does a turbo and manifold for cg13de is there? haaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!! wellllllll piiissssssss@@@@@~~~~~~~~eddddd!!!!!!!!!

Back