CG13DE vs CGA13DE

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
what year is it from ?is it from a cube?
so maybe our uk engines being cga13de have that difference if yours is called cga3a instead?

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
ah no just read you 1st post. so yours is a non uk type cga13de. but to know if your is from cube and or pre 2000 would help understand things.

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
Look at the sump on that CGA3A that lewis has there...

Its got normal ignition and doesnt appear to be direct injection...

lewis what you have to do it pull the intake and exhaust manifolds off just for us and take pictures of the intake and exhaust ports in the head so we can see if they're different in the 85HP and 101HP versions. :p

Visually it looks pretty much the same to me...

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
D'Oh! Look at the exhaust headers on the last few pics!!!

1) they're not castings!
2) they're tubular
3) they're mandrel bent
4) they're pretty long for standard eqipment.

Now carrying on from point 4, in the JDM market nissan has a habbit of using higher quality exhaust headers on higher compression versions of particular motors (like the SR20DE for example) and they usually have slightly longer primaries than their lower compression counterparts.

Mabye the CGA3A isnt the holy grail of CG's afterall? Its just a spicey final revision before they replaced it with the CR series motor.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
thats the cube manifold. quite a popular mod in japan to the cg13de k11. flows much better. they also put in the cube cam which has a higher degree outlet. its a cube engine above i'm sure of it.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
which if it was makes sence becasue it may be older and so not have the coilpacks that the newer series developed into. cube engines like this were 1275cc and 80something bhp. at somepoint i guess they went to the 1348cc version, but with coilpacks i expect.

CMF_Mr March

» CMF Member
I bought a cube alpha manifold like the one on this engine. This manifold is not on the nomal cube cga3de only the alpha version of the cga3de. The early cube had the usual 79ps cg13de. In 2001 The lineup included the cga3de 85ps and the alpha 101ps engine. The 85ps cube is identical to the march version.

Cube alpha had : Different cams, different airbox, ecu, manifold, cat converter. Compression 10:1 power 101ps torque 12.5. These produced this power with 100 ron fuel. Regular versions could be run on regular japanese 90 ron fuel.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
mr march does can you tell me if any of them 1348cc jap cga3de or cga3a have coilpacks instead of distributor like the uk versions.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
thats great to know. so could import an alpha spec 100bhp version and it should be compatible with our uk pre 2000 loom. would just need a nice ecu remap.

CMF_Tseq

» CMF Member
I've got a K11 2002 1.0 with NATS,A/C,airbag and digital tacho.I want to buy a 1.3 lump from a scrapyard.I found one with a black head but I'm not sure if it is a cg13de or ca3de.
Are there any cg13de with a black head?
Do i need to buy all the wiring system and sensors along with the engine to make it work or just the motor and ecu?

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
All Jap made CG engines had a black cam cover afaik.

There's a picture of a CGA3DE in this thread further up, the first thing which tells you what it is would be the engine number stamped into the block. The next thing to look for is a knock sensor on the left hand side of the engine attached to the head with a little plug for a sensor poking up looking at you!

I hope that made sense haha

Back