CG13DE vs CGA13DE

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
Hi,

I've noticed on my travels an increasing use of the engine code: CGA13DE.

note the "A"

From what I gather the engine came in the AK11, WAK11, ANK11, Z10 (cube). Thats all the models I've found so far..

I've googled it and found a bit but there doesnt seem to be any major differences between the two motors? I wish I could read/speak/type japanese.

cheers

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
Wow!

standard CGA13DE has almost 20HP over a standard CG13DE.

it is a bit larger in all dimensions, but still slightly smaller than a GA16DE.

Main differences are a larger head which flows better.

Fits directly into a micra engine bay with standard micra gearbox after modification of one engine mount.

Trying to find out about how they are electrical wise. muahaha i shouldnt have posted this... I could have secretly had the most powerful NA micra in australia... :p

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
cga3de is standard micra engine from 2000 -2003 in uk. its the same engine as the cg13de but bored out to 1348cc. its called a 1.4 in uk but still called the 1.3 in japan. it has no distributor like the cg10de 2000-2003 micra. throttle body is different also.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
was a long time ago, from 2000 onwards when it could have been discussed. old forums etc so some will have gone maybe,also know as the 1.4 . its the cga3de not cga13de. there is a topic on it on the current site.

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
I am assuming MicraHolics UK? If so, need to register to seach.

Had a look through all the K11 tech pages though and couldnt see anything of use to me.

If you could link it to me that'd be great! Would save me signing upto a bloody forum...

CMF_lewis

» CMF Member
are u guys talking about "cga3de"??

my '93 k11 cganged a cga3de,and it's perfect fit!!
NO engine mounts needs to be modificate and just some different harness !!
the output of this engine is 85hp
there is another engine called "cga3α",it's also 1348cc and also ferfect fit, but 101hp !!
if you need some messane about it ,search "z10" or "az10" in yahoo japan , that should be work !!
in japan ,you can also put a CVT-M6(NOT NCVT) on k11 !!

CMF_lewis

» CMF Member
are u guys talking about "cga3de"??

my '93 k11 changed a cga3de,and it's perfect fit!!
NO engine mounts needs to be modificate and just some different harness !!
the output of this engine is 85hp
there is another engine called "cga3α",it's also 1348cc and also ferfect fit, but 101hp !!
if you need some messane about it ,search "z10" or "az10" in yahoo japan , that should be work !!
in japan ,you can also put a CVT-M6(NOT NCVT) on k11 !!

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
i knew the mounts are the same, was wondering on how difficuly the wiring would be. any tips? you decided to convert it to distributor system? did you swap the cams over or do the cga cams have a groove cut in them even though they dont have distributor fitment? i think the 100bhp one you mention is same spec block, but different tune wxhaust and ecu maybe. in uk the cga has 82bhp.

CMF_lewis

» CMF Member
cga3de is designed on distributer ,not a direct ign.
cr1xde(cr12,14,15) are direct ign!!
so it's really easy to convert !!( 2 days in garage by myself)
now i keep the orignal ecu + e-manage(waiting for f-con)
different point:(use original cg13 parts)
1.charger(different harness)
2.distributer(different harness)
3.throttle body(different harness but work)
4.a/c compresser(different in/outlet position)
5.power pump(different in/outlet position)

that's all !!

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
in the uk the cga micra engines are coilpacks and there is no distributor. the head is different and most likely the cams aswell. ecu is totaly different aswell. what country are you in or got the engine from?

right so k11 engines are

cg10de 998cc-55bhp up until 2000 when it changed to 59bhp coz of the ignition system

cg13de 1275-75bhp up until 2000 when it changes to 79 bLAH BLAH

the cga3d 1275- 81 bhp

another cga3d 1348(the half jap half french hybrid) with 101bhp

is that is for the k11 engines?

cisco maybe you should do a list

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
So the engine of choice here is definately the CGA3A?

The nissan/renault hybrid CGA13DE, the facelift to the long serving and proven CG13DE.

Interesting.

So we know someone has put a CGA3DE in an ex-CG13 k11 (lewis).

Do we know anyone who has dared to put a CGA3A into an ex- CG13 k11?

CMF_lewis

» CMF Member
I HAVE A SPARE CGA3α IN MY GARAGE NOW !!(BECAUSE I INCREASED MY COMPRESS RATIO FROM 9.5:1 TO 14:1 ,I AFRAID SOMEDAY......JUST INCASE...
IN TAIWAN , K11 ONLY HAVE CG13DE 1275CC ENGINE,IN JAPAN THEY HAVE CG10DE ,CG13DE,CGA3DE,CGA3α.
CGA13 ?? I DO'NT KNOW!! BUT THEY HAVE ANOTHER TYPE OF ENGINE CALLED "CR" TYPE WHITCH HAS NO DISTRIBUTOR LIKE YOU SAID,K12 IN JAPAN HAVE CR12(1.2L),CR14(1.4L),CR15(1.5L)
OR MAYBE CGA13=CGA3DE+CR14DE ??

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
The valves and head porting on the CR14DE look huge compared to the CG13DE.

Upon searching the web for CGA3A - nothing comes up. In the Z10 Cube, nissan only refers to a CGA3D and a CG10Di (direct injection).

Mabye the CGA3A = CR14DE?

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
Yeh i noticed the direct injection as well sean - those injectors look funky. If you wanted to strap on some kind of forced induction it looks like it could be rather difficult to source larger injectors!

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
lewis - do you think it is worth the time and effort to get a cga3a engine?

Do they respond to modifications just as well as the CG13DE/CGA3DE?

I would really, really love it if you could post up a picture of your cga3a engine and also some close ups of the engine block engravings and stampings?
Cheers

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
intersting to see it. definately different to the uk cga3de, as said we have the coilpacks and no distributor. whats the power output of your cga3de? ours is 82bhp. in japan because of the better fuel/ecu i think its 85ish. i didnt know of the distributor version of the cga3de before. or the cga3a

CMF_lewis

» CMF Member
i'll take some photos soon but i'm not home now !!
i'm away from home for business trip and i'll be home 3~4days ,
my cga3de now has only 120ps (dyno) , ofcourse after modified ; exhaust,compress ratio,colr air inlet,power flow,e-manage,MSD,crank balancing....
oh ! if you guys want to use e-manage , i'll suggest you "forget it !!" because i'm a victim on that!!
i'll suggest you hks f-con sz(v-pro),it's much better !!

Back