CG13DE Figures

GuyH08

Ex. Club Member
just been looking at the figures for are engines..

A few things that seem a little...odd

Redline is at 7300 rpm
Max Power: 79 PS (58kW) @6000rpm

Redline at 7300rpm seems a little high, i was expecting more like 6000rpm

and the max power @ 6000rpm, i was thinking more along the lines of 4000-5000rpm

rev limiter is 6800-6900 rpm. so that wrong!

i thought 7300rpm sounded a bit high!
what about the max power @ ??rpm

7300 is right. not sure about max power tho

is it?...lol thats why i need a rev counter :p

iv got a rev counter :)
with a shift light :p haha, got my shift light set at about 4500rpm

Just got this from another source

Performance [kW] / RPM: 55 (75 PS) @ 6000

Do you think thats right?

Why do you need a shift light at all? In any case you take the area under the curve around the point of max power and take into account gear ratios to change at the optimum point, which will always be higher than the peak power RPM

Why do you need a shift light at all? In any case you take the area under the curve around the point of max power and take into account gear ratios to change at the optimum point, which will always be higher than the peak power RPM

well it just come with it, i dont really take much notise of it, you dont really need it like you said...you can kinda feel when its right to change gear.

so the max power is at different rpm for each gear?

No, its the same but to optimise the gear ratios you would shift at slightly different points if you were really picky, to be in the region with the most area under the power curve for each gear.

Rev limiter is around 6800rpm if you have a direct signal from the engine to an external tachometer like I have. When my car was on a dyno run the print also said 6800rpm.

But 7300rpm is also correct if you have a dash with original build in tachometer, I believe the is the different signal to the org. tachometer make the rpm limiter off by 500rpm...

Micrasport

i have an ecu reader and the rev limiter comes in at 6800 but the most it has revved to with the limiter there is just under 7000 rpm.

mine goes off past the 7000rpm point on the tacho. but then my car has allways sounded like its reving higher than other k11's. sounds mich higher pitched and more throaty than any of the dyno rangers on youtube..

slightly higher reving could well be to do with the momentum as it reaches the limit. i would expect that you would get a different figure if you were to slowly get to the limit rather than flooring it all the way there.

Back