cg13de engines

Broony

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Are all cg13 engine the same, my engine builder has taken it appart and it has liners, are there any blocks which dont have liners??

Also what would be the best way to bore the engne to suit the oversize pistons? because the liners are not very thick and isnt really an option.

Any help is appreciated

cheers

peter

Are all cg13 engine the same, my engine builder has taken it appart and it has liners, are there any blocks which dont have liners??

Also what would be the best way to bore the engne to suit the oversize pistons? because the liners are not very thick and isnt really an option.

Any help is appreciated

cheers

peter

Well there all pretty much the same but the Autos have strenghtening posts between the liners and the block, so are the best for turbo charging.
The cga3 engine has slightly bigger pistons and a slightly longer stroke so would probably be best starting with a cga3 auto which can be found in 2000 and on k11 1.4's (actual cc is 1347cc)

peter

any ally block will have liners (apart from chromed piston motor cross type), and yes, i busted a block up and measured the liner wall thickness (2mm :doh: ).
an option might be a k12 CR14 block (i am on the lookout for one myself :))

hmmmm the tuner is after knocking the liners out, bore the block and fiting bigger liners.

i suppose anouther option would be buying different pistonswithout the oversize as i dont want to compromise the strength of the engine

peter

if the CGA block is taller, your crank and rod,s should reach short in a CGA block (ie, dropping the C/R)

If you are looking for some forged pistons to suit a turbo application we have a few sets left that work well in the 1275 block with reduced compression. These are a 71.2mm which is the recommended oversize for the pistons allowing for a good seal between block and rings.

Ring me if interested 01865 748000 work Matt

Well there all pretty much the same but the Autos have strenghtening posts between the liners and the block, so are the best for turbo charging.
The cga3 engine has slightly bigger pistons and a slightly longer stroke so would probably be best starting with a cga3 auto which can be found in 2000 and on k11 1.4's (actual cc is 1347cc)

The CGa autos do not have the extra bracing that the CG13s have , also I think that the blocks are the same height, but I will need to neasure.

Craig

Back