CG13DE cams & crank wanted

Hi...I wanna put cg13 cams in my cg10 dizzy. There aren't any 1.3s here in ireland though:( Are 1.3s common in the UK? Anyone know of anyone who has some knocking around / recommend a scrappy?

Also, with the same bore, can the cg13 crank be put in my cg10 block to stroke it to 1.3? Are the mains/bigends the same?

Thanks in advance

you would need the (shorter) conrods with a crank kealan, and postage to ireland is pretty steep i assume

Ahhh yes true...so crank, rods, and cams? I'd keep the cg10 pistons for a high comp 1.3 n/a :)

Postage would be a bastard alright but it'd be better than shipping an entire engine! Do you think a breaker would be arsed dropping out a crank and rods and shipping them?

If not bud, there's a 1.3 at Combellack motors down here in Cornwall, I think they do that sort of order what you want and we'll do it stuff + postage. They only keep them for about 6 weeks though, although they always have micra's going through.

Sound davyboy!!
Sure we'll see if anything turns up at franks :)

The cg10 seems to gain 5 PS from the coilpacks vs dizzy...is it the same with the cg13? Thinking of coilpacking my cg10 dizzy , Although it's probably not worth the effort and money of ecu, looms, sensors etc for 5bhp....probably be easier to go buy a coilpack k11!

Mine will be written off in November anyway; put n axle stand under the rear sill earlier, dropped the trolley jack and wwatchedthe car slowly crunching down as the sill in front of the rear arch crumbled into a pile of rust on the floor:(

@wehey sound for that! I dunno would it need to be ground though? Very few places here do that kind of thing...apparently there's only 1 place in the west of the country that'll skim a head!

i will be having a sortout with my engines this week, i,ll see if there is a decent crank etc :)
found 2 x 1275, and 1 x 1348 crank :) the 2 are nicely within the haynes journal dia service limit, but the 1348 one is outside the service limits and would need a regrind

found 2 x 1275, and 1 x 1348 crank :) the 2 are nicely within the haynes journal dia service limit, but the 1348 one is outside the service limits and would need a regrind

How bad is the 1348 one? What would Frank do? hardly a noticable difference between the 1275 and 1348?

How bad is the 1348 one? What would Frank do? hardly a noticable difference between the 1275 and 1348?
4"thou of wear on the 1348 mate, mains and b/e, and 1.0 pistons stick out the top of the block (i had to use 2 x headgaskets)

4"thou of wear on the 1348 mate, mains and b/e, and 1.0 pistons stick out the top of the block (i had to use 2 x headgaskets)

1275 it is so...I'm supposed to be saving €€€ for Possible move to Oz so **** getting a regrind! you hardly have rods/cams too? Last mod, I swear

Back