cg13 conversion

boyracergt

Ex. Club Member
should be embarking on a cg13 k10 project with a mates k10 soon, the ide being to run it on bike carbs. couple of questions.
*is it just the drivers side mount that needs changing?
*could you use a pre 98 cg10 gearbag? and would k10 shafts still fit?
*what ignition system do cg13s have?
cheers

you can buy my unfinished cg13 k10 conversion if you want a head start. Mounts done, engine gearbox in.

You would need the CG13 gearbox unless you also change clutch and flywheel. Driveshafts from the K10 I don't think fit also.

CG engines are fuel injected, so if you want to run in standard form, you will need the throttle body, wiring loom, ecu, fuel pump, fuel rail, the injectors, fuel lines etc.

theres loads of info out there that answer all your questions, search around a little, me and frank have answered all your questions at least 3 times, check my blog and a thread i made with tonnes of pictures.

but as ive got nowt to do ill answer them again.

you will need to fabricate a custom drivers mount, or alternatively do as richj did and move the chassis half of the mount and use the k11 engine mount, imo the easies way of doing it.

you can use if you so wish the k10 gearbox, but you will need a cg10 flywheel and clutch. or if you wanted to you could use a pre 98 cg10 gearbox (same as the ma12 gearbox) the k10 shafts can be used either way.

if you wanted to use the cg13 'box you would need custom shafts, and possibly mounts.

k11's have the ignition controlled by an ecu, the easiest way if you were carbing the engine would be to somehow fit the k10 ignition to the cg13 engine.

would the cg10 clutch be strong enough? And i heard the cg10 gearbox is the same as a ma12 just stronger is it any stronger as dont want the gearbox to go every 5 minutes. Also the ecu controlled ignition is it the same system as ecc ma12 in that it still has a sort of distributor as in is there a hole with drive to fit a dizzy to? Cheers for the detailed responses helps greatly :)

I don't understand why you would want carbs, fuel injection can produce more power, more control, and better efficiency.

You just use the K11 wiring loom from the donor.

would the cg10 clutch be strong enough? And i heard the cg10 gearbox is the same as a ma12 just stronger is it any stronger as dont want the gearbox to go every 5 minutes. Also the ecu controlled ignition is it the same system as ecc ma12 in that it still has a sort of distributor as in is there a hole with drive to fit a dizzy to? Cheers for the detailed responses helps greatly :)

yeh, my cg10 clutch and g/box are holding up fine, keeping the cg dizzy would be a (ecu) wiring mission (ma or mini dizzy may be easier)
this conversion has been abandoned a few times fwn, high compression, cammed ma12 with a cg10 g/box ftw, imo :cool: (80hp easily achieved, whereas a single carbed, hybrid dizzy cg would probably drop to 65hp fwn)

well iirc frank is using a cg10 gearbox and clutch on his cg13 and it touching 100bhp, and to be fair your not going to get alot more than that with out big bucks.

i also have hered the cg10 'box is stronger than the ma12 one.

no it is different to the ma12 ecc.

yes it does still have a distributer, so will have a hole in the head and a drive off the cam.

@alienfish i agree with you fuel injection is the way to go if you have the donor car, but if you only have the engine then go carb.

yeh, my cg10 clutch and g/box are holding up fine, keeping the cg dizzy would be a (ecu) wiring mission (ma or mini dizzy may be easier)
this conversion has been abandoned a few times fwn, high compression, cammed ma12 with a cg10 g/box ftw, imo :cool: (80hp easily achieved, whereas a single carbed, hybrid dizzy cg would probably drop to 65hp fwn)

you read my mind lol

the idea is eventually run it off bike carbs but if its only going to be running 65bhp then might as well just get a ma12 il have a chat with my mate and see what he says

You will see more than 65hp, if you read franks post again he said single carb setup, such as if you used the standard k10 carb, but with bike carbs you will see a bit more than 65.

k6fps (sp) saw almost 100 with bike carbs but he had ecu controlled and mapped ignition.

i wouldn't advise going carbs. i have done this conversion before by making an MA10/CG13 hybrid manifold and running electronic ignition from the MA10 as well. i can tell u from experience that the smoothness, fuel economy, performance, and power delivery of an injected cg is far superior to its carbd form........
DSC00033.jpg

DSC00034.jpg

Back