Cg engine limitations?

Hi all, could do with abit of advice......
I'm getting a cg13 after payday for parts for my cg10 screamer rebuild but no matter how much I search I can't find hardly any relevant info :(

Does anybody know the highest rpm's a cg13 bottom end can handle before a failure?

I'm wanting around 10,000 rpm when I'm finished and already have bike carbs and a 4-2-1 for it but I really doubt I'd get that from the cg13 crank and rods so might need to stick to the 1.0 bottom end.

Also the limits of the valve train would be good to know,
Any info is really appreciated guys :)

Last edited:
the oval racing guys get valvebounce at about 8k, lord lucan on here fits an extra washer under the valves iirc :)

Nice one mate, ill be doing that then :) already finished my buckets and shims for your under bucket mod as well so no risk of spitting one out :) do you know any more ways to get some power out these little 1.0 beasts?

the GA16 guys used springs from another car iirc (toyota maybe ?) they share the same valvesprings eh, but that forum disappeared a few weeks ago tho

Ill have a search and see if I can find anything out, just wondering mate how you went about diy lightening and balancing your flywheel?

Ill have a search and see if I can find anything out, just wondering mate how you went about diy lightening and balancing your flywheel?
my f/w was machined on a lathe mate (then drilled) then balanced with a bearing fitted into the middle, back in 08 eh :)
the deeper dished later 1.0/and 1.3 f/w has to be done with 2 bearings pressed in and the clutch cover fitted, because the dish creates a side loading on the bearing and it does,nt spin freely

the GA16 guys used springs from another car iirc (toyota maybe ?) they share the same valvesprings eh, but that forum disappeared a few weeks ago tho
i think it was 4AGE springs, try a google on "rallybob GA16 valve springs"

Back