central locking

was thinking off installing central locking in my k11, to be done by key or fob. jst wondering how hard this will be and is it worth it ??? opinnions plz :greenfl:(Y)

what about those flip out keys? dont think it works if u have nats tho, yeah i installed central locking in mine took a bit of time tho lol

According to the company that does the flip keys there is room to put imobiliser chips in but i'm not sure i would want to risk it.

Fitting is easy...just like putting speakers into the doors

I put one on my k10, makes life alot easier!! You need to get the fob type! no point getting just a key type as they are the same price...

i wouldnt want to risk it either but it sounds like an idea

lol i sorta cheated cuz i bought central locking from maplin and my step dad had a an alarm with the fob and with the central locking interface cost me £25 lol but now i have more money its probably better to invest in a better kit

so it fairly easy, i have seen the kit in maplin and on ebay but they look crap, are they ok like?? if any1 has got links to sites they have used or anythin that wud be grate :D

i have the kit from maplin, and it works a treat. easy to fit. once you have one side fitted, the other side is so much easier. i upgraded mine with a remote kit too. loads of range. lol. well worth it, i'd never go without now.

igot my kit off ebay, just £16. i have a standard key, and a fob with a flip out key. the blank is wrong though, otherwise i would get it cut as my car is non nats.

Back