CD's getting stuck

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Lo peeps

I have a pioneer DEH9600 head unit and pretty much every CD which i play, from shop albums to CD-R's are getting stuck when i eject them. They come out a little and stop, but usually i have to use plyers to pull em out!! (as people saw at santa pod)

What could be causing this?

Also recently when going over large bumps, the unit decides to switch itself off and the front panel folds itself away automatically. You have to switch it back on to carry on listening to it!! Is this by design to protect it in anyway, or is mine just going wrong!?

I know a few people on here have the same HU so hopefully someone will know, The bloody thing cost £400 and its only about 9 months old!! not very happy with it!

Id rather not send it back if it can be avoided, but yeah its probably got a couple of months left on it

Mines not done this at all, that doesnt sound good though! :(

Not sure what to suggest tbh, and with the unit turning off, check the connections at the rear of the unit.

hey mine turns itself off now n again 2! but not on bumps just when it feels like it n its a ###### when it closes tho as i have to turn off car n then restart it to get it back on but it has never ate a cd like u said tho but im not sure if its connections cuz sometimes the hu still plays but the panel doesnt work no more its more like the cable they use for the face plate mounting to the actual hu is abit crappy tho thats my guess mines bout 10/11 months old now n but for a good 7/8 months at least there was not one problem but i not got a receipt so cant take it back lol

my g/fs cd player did this once but never again. i had to use tweasers to get the cd out. take it back m8 and dont try to open it incase you invalidate the warranty.

Another item going back to CAD, they already owe me loads from previous courier fees!

Anyways, i'l have a word with them and see what they say.

Zephyr said:
hey mine turns itself off now n again 2! but not on bumps just when it feels like it n its a ###### when it closes tho as i have to turn off car n then restart it to get it back on but it has never ate a cd like u said tho but im not sure if its connections cuz sometimes the hu still plays but the panel doesnt work no more its more like the cable they use for the face plate mounting to the actual hu is abit crappy tho thats my guess mines bout 10/11 months old now n but for a good 7/8 months at least there was not one problem but i not got a receipt so cant take it back lol

WOW now thats ALOT (8) of but's in one sentance! :p Anyway, yeh i'd check the cables at the back -but if others are reporting of them turning themselves off then it might well be a common fault with the model. I'd definately persue the matter with kenwood - and you never know - you might even end up with a new unit!

I doubt kenwood would give me a new unit, as its manufactured by pioneer ;) but i know what u meant

Mine randomly switched over to the radio, but once I installed my sub it was fine :S probably a loose connection somewhere.

Back