Track Gaps on MP3 Data CD's

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Lo peeps

Ive been listening to audio MP3's in my car stereo, but is there any way of burning them so it doesnt skip between tracks? I know on audio CD's, you can remove the gap between the tracks, but im not sure if this is possible for data files?

Any help apprechiated. My head unit if it matters is the Pioneer 9600

Cheers
Arnold

No I'm afraid not mate, the only way to do it is get your MP3CD and join all the tracks into one, but that makes changing tracks a nightmare.

Or for ones you really need gapless, burn to Audio CD :)

do you mean like a ministry of sound album where it fades into the next song and then changes track but keeps playing. It is possible but its the speed it can read it at and how far ahead it reads. You can on PC anyway :)

Arnold said:
Ive been listening to audio MP3's in my car stereo, but is there any way of burning them so it doesnt skip between tracks? I know on audio CD's, you can remove the gap between the tracks, but im not sure if this is possible for data files?

It's the way the MP3s are decoded - you need to have a block of data before you can begin playing, and embedded MP3 players have really tiny amounts of memory, fed by very slow drives, so they just take the easy option and play after they have read the data. I don't know if all car units do it, I know a lot of flash based mp3 players take this into account, but memory and cds are very different.

Andrew said:
Arnold said:

It's the way the MP3s are decoded - you need to have a block of data before you can begin playing, and embedded MP3 players have really tiny amounts of memory, fed by very slow drives, so they just take the easy option and play after they have read the data. I don't know if all car units do it, I know a lot of flash based mp3 players take this into account, but memory and cds are very different.

Well when you put the CD in, it takes about 30 seconds to scan all the folders and work out what you've stuck in there (mp3 or wma).. After that, it scans through files and folders fairly quick. I doubt it does any buffering tho

Only head unit i know that buffers music is the previous generations of Fusion headunits.

Mike

Back