CD Player Jumps

jim_bling

Ex. Club Member
Hey peeps does anyone elses CD player jump in thier car, i have a K11 face lift and my CD player jumps after going over a bump, is it my CD player? Any recommendations please? Do i need to get a new CD player or is it my car? Also where is the best place to get sound proofing for my car as my car is quite loud when going on motorways.

Any help greatly appreciated
Jim Bling aka Ken

Some CD players do that... depends how fast you hit the bump... if you are going slow (5-10mph) and a little bump is enough to cause a skip then the CD player may be at fault...

As for quiet motorway journey... well its a Micra! Alloys? Alloy vibration can be noisy at high speeds... I don't know too much about sound proofing but a good way to start would be tyres and perhaps suspension. I'm using Dunlop SP1 (Sport) Tyres at the momemnt and in all my life I have never heard such a quiet tyre! It makes the ride a bit smoother too as it handles the vibration and road noise quite well... so that may be worth a shot!

In the way of sound proofing for doors... sound deadning material from Car Audio Security:

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/3050.html

Makes for better speaker sound and less road noise in the cabin from the doors at least. I've noticed a bit of a difference but nothing to write home about... I was considering using this material and other foam fillers in the rear quarter panels and boot too... but changed my mind... I think some Micronians here have used as much as they can where they can!

That's my two pence worth...

Back