Micra CD player fitting?!

J

jason_phelan

Hi guys, ive gota a k10, with its original LW radio, which is pants lol! i want to wack in a CD player for the time being but im a bit affraid as im not sure it the connections will fit or what facia to buy. I dont have a clue to behonest! Can someone please help me and tell me what i need and how to do it! thanks alot! cheers, Jace

Does your K10 still have the original footwell speaker only? If so you may want to install some better door speakers - the footwell one is absolutely terrible. This is quite easy to do - there are some little channels in the door hinge areas you can pull cables through, plus once the doorcards are off you will see recesses for speakers. The doorcards even have holes ready to cut, but you can only see these from the back. The only thing to watch out for is the depth of the speakers - they have to be quite shallow or they will stop the windows from winding down all the way.

If you are going to take the doorcards off - getting the window winders off is an absolute pig. I found an unwound coat hanger and a pair of tweezers helped to remove the little retaining clip.

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
Layla said:
hey jason, the ICE section at the bottom of the main page may be able to help you if you run a search. failing that, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-NISSAN-ISO-HARNESS-CONNECTOR-WIRING-CONNECTOR_W0QQitemZ120045842432QQihZ002QQcategoryZ14932QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
that fits on to the headunit wiring end and clicks into the car wiring end.
As for what facia to buy, they should all fit, and if you fancy getting the one that plays DVDs on an itsty bitsty tiny screen, dont bother, its poo ;)

What's poo about it exactly?

I've found it to be pretty decent.