Catalytic Converter

Is the cat (the main one under the car, not the precat under the bonnet) the same for 1.0 and 1.3??

Mine has rusted through the hanger and now rattles bad. Gonna ebay or scrappy for replacement but need to know if i can look at all micras this age or just the 1.3's.

cheers

all the pre coilpack (pre 2000) ones are the same ollie, or another option is to fit the longer coilpack midpipe as a 2nd decat

the last one i got was from a local motor factors ollie (was £25 ish?)
the 1st cat does most of the work apparently, because the 2nd one does,nt get hot enough really

the 1st cat does most of the work apparently, because the 2nd one does,nt get hot enough really

and at £25 you wouldn't get as wet or as ripped off at the scrappy (Y)

Most scrapyards cut the cats out aswell when the cars go in, therefore no cat and a useless exhaust cause they've just cut the midpipe and downpipe

hi

Hi F
... my name is adz.//.... new to the site.... i saw a thread and saw the below advice you gave.

what i wanted to know if that this longer middle pipe removes the middle cat? is it a direct bolt on??

i have a 2000 w reg 1.3 i want to remove the middle cat.... what advise can you offer??

regards

adz

Hi F
... my name is adz.//.... new to the site.... i saw a thread and saw the below advice you gave.

what i wanted to know if that this longer middle pipe removes the middle cat? is it a direct bolt on??

i have a 2000 w reg 1.3 i want to remove the middle cat.... what advise can you offer??

regards

adz

i just bolted the 2 flanges together adz (minus the 2nd cat) but the tube stuck out a little tho iirc, and i had to grind/bash it flush with the flange (or else a couple of gaskets would probably suffice instead) :grinning:

so the 2001 middle pipe is the pipe i need? is it the overall same length?? i checked on e b a y and i found a 2001 middle pip but it seemed to have a box in the middle that looked like a cat?? is that the correct pipe??

will it be mibble pipe direct to backbox???

i just bolted the 2 flanges together adz (minus the 2nd cat) but the tube stuck out a little tho iirc, and i had to grind/bash it flush with the flange (or else a couple of gaskets would probably suffice instead) :grinning:

so the 2001 middle pipe is the pipe i need? is it the overall same length?? i checked on e b a y and i found a 2001 middle pip but it seemed to have a box in the middle that looked like a cat?? is that the correct pipe??

will it be mibble pipe direct to backbox???

yes adz, the coilpack engines have only 1 (longer) cat, so their middlepipe is longer to compensate for not having the 2nd cat :grinning:

Many thanks......... just to confirm the middle pipe will fit on to my back box?? theere is no other inbetween??

youve been a great help and must have saved me a fair bit of cash as i saw a janspeed de-cat in excess of £100.

yes adz, my misses,s backbox bolted straight on (there,s a pic in my blog somewhere of the 2 midpipes together) :grinning:

hers is a bit of a mongrel now eliot lol :grinning: (i think i fitted that cga pipe onto someone else,s car ages ago tbh)

Attachments

• PICT0408.JPG
    PICT0408.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 316
Hi Frank...... why is the pipe in the left cut?? also the pipe on the right is th coil pack pipe?? the longer pipe??

When fitted did you notice any power gains??

whats the max i should pay for a pipe like that?

thanks

Please confrim if removing the 2nd cat gives power gains???

Please confrim if removing the 2nd cat gives power gains???

this will also be connected to a sports backbox??

no power gains from just the backbox??

thanks.... so you advise just leaving the middle pipe and cat as standard and just bolting my back box on??

do i just nneed a crush ring?? or a gasket aswell??

i hope the box is not to loud as i dont want to gain unwanted attention??

Back