Cat to Downpipe Bolt size

Anyone know the size of the bolts that attaches the downpipe to the primary cat, and what sort of rough cost would it be to have the broken/fuzed bolts drilled out and re tapped/helicoiled?

sometimes 14mm, and sometimes 17mm iirc, and on the ones that i,ve snapped i welded a nut onto the stump, and then the stump screwed out with ease.
they would be a mission to drill out !

When I snapped mine I wheny to mates garage and he heated it up with an oxy acetalene torch and it wound straight out

Oh these are far far beyond having a nut welded on, these have completely fuzed to the cat flange and one of them is a very distorted stump, so i guess if i have them drilled to a 14mm bolt that should suffice. I wont be doing the drilling, i work next door to an engineering firm that make armor for military applications amongst other things and are used to working with tough materials

even like these?
IMG_20120719_192010.jpg

the one on the left no probs, but the other side and the lower sealing ring are beyond repair ! best find a better one in the scrappies imo :)

well it only cost me a tenner plus delivery, and the mani it is attached to is in pretty good nick, so i could sell that to cover the cost of CG cat i guess, anyone got one cheap? :)

No worries mate, was hoping to be able to save it, but looks like its done for, one of those things. I still got the mani that can be sold, that will cover what i paid ya for it tho, so not all bad, just hoping my cat bolts are in better nick and i dont snap them when i put on my peter lloyd system tomoz :)

Back