Cat Removal & MOT

can someone please clarify something for me.

thinking about getting a 4-2-1 mani for the front and a full exhaust system
(maybe peter lloyd)

but i was wondering using a 4-2-1 mani means loosing the first cat doesnt it and then getting a peter lloyd exhaust kit would mean loosing the second cat so essentially running with no cats which i am pretty sure is a 100% MOT failure and a right old #######ing from plod if he knows what he is looking at

how would i go about either running the exhaust or a 4-2-1 mani but still keeping it MOT legal

cheers people

you could try a 4-2-1 mani and sports cat stew, i think you would need to keep it hot to pass emissions tho

cheers for that frank, what about if i was to get just the exhaust kit what could i do mani wise?

car is going into my name soon so i can finnaly do some bits to it and insurance company will not try to kill me, 3 years named no claims, licence for 4 years and they still wanted £1800 TPFT but enough of that :D

a 1.0 wont gain a lot from exhaust mods tbh stew (the same system is adequate for an 85hp 1.4, so its not really lacking on a 1.0)
i would go for some "more subtle" mods really (raised compression, lightened f/w, cams etc)

Well I might be after an sr in the near future not necessary performance mods sound wise bits I do want a lightened f/w cams & compression but not very good in taking things apart and putting them back together taking apart is fine but back together not so ;-)

What is a frankspeed manifold
Will my car pass with just first cat
How difficult it's it to change cams
How do you increase compression

Should be getting a N15 airbox and tubing from karlj so that will be cold air intake

What is a frankspeed manifold
Will my car pass with just first cat
How difficult it's it to change cams
How do you increase compression

a modified stock jobbie :)
i should pass ok
quite technical
headskim

Attachments

• PICT0240.JPG
    PICT0240.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 338
Cheers for that frank, might get a frankspeed where ever you get them from... Do you make them?
Cool will probs get the peter lloyd system from cat back for sound and then when I get an sr at a later stage...;-)
Will leave cams then I will get the old ones out but never get the new ones in ;-)
What is a headskim, where is it done and how much?

Cheers for that frank, might get a frankspeed where ever you get them from... Do you make them?
Cool will probs get the peter lloyd system from cat back for sound and then when I get an sr at a later stage...;-)
Will leave cams then I will get the old ones out but never get the new ones in ;-)
What is a headskim, where is it done and how much?

aye lol :) but i,ve not got any atm tho, and there are a few threads about headskims and 1.0 pistons in a 1.3 etc

Thought you did but didn't want to ask incase I was wrong :)
How much do you charge for one? Depending on price when you have one next I will take one

Cheers frank, no rush or anything just whenever you make one next let me know :)
Also do you know the diameter I need for an oil breather on the crank case

Back